Working on Hospitality Grad School Thesis - Need the feedback of hosts

Hello Host Forum Community
I am doing a grad thesis about hospitality, hygiene standards, and ecology and how they interact in the peer-to-peer markets. I’d like to gain more insight from Airbnb’s hosts. I’ve connected with some hosts but I’d like to hear more so I can have a more well rounded understanding.

Also, I really enjoy this forum!

Would you mind answering and giving insight on the short questionnaire!

1. On average how many guests are you hosting a month? Do you have multiple properties or just one? Do you live on premises? or Are you off site?

2. Are you outsourcing the cleaning, housekeepers coming in, or having the laundry done for you? What is the financial impact and is it worth the cost?

3. How often are you having to replace towels and linens? Is it due to normal wear and tear or guest damages?

4. What on average are your quarterly cost for linens/towels replacement?

5. If laundering yourself is there an impact on your water bill and appliances?

6. Are your guests concerned about allergen and environmental issues in regards to the detergents and cleaners you use, please feel free to elaborate?

If you have any questions please let me know!
Thank you,
-Natalie

Yawn.

JF

5 Likes

Deja vu.

(All over again :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Did I do something incorrect?

You’ve been asked these questions before…

About every other day someone asks for us to help with their thesis. The ones that get attention/responses offer something in return. Amazon gift cards are popular.

RR

More times than my old alcohol addled brain can remember…

JF

I prefer cash. $20202020’s

3 Likes

Joined 3 days ago

Read 5m

4 Likes

I could probably do (4) 20 dollar amazon cards or (8) 10 dollar amazon cards for admins who will assist and help me get the responses. I’d be grateful. I hear you.

1 Like

I have looked on this forum via google numerous times before I decided to reach out. All you gotta do is search tags and you’re in. I officially made the account when I decided to actually reach out. I understand you’re concern.

2 Likes

@NataliaB. Ignore the naysayers. I wonder if any of them prepared a thesis…if they had, they would understand the concept of paying forward the courtesy extended to them by others at thesis time

I suggest you look through this forum for key words like towels, cleaning, sheets… you will find gems of information however it won’t be in a neat quantifiable package but data rarely is neat & perfect

To increase your chances of getting responses and data easier to quantify, make your questions structured and presented in a survey. This forum offers a survey option.

Free text responses are too difficult to answer and I don’t remember the questions/topics.

I’m looking forward to answering your newly structured survey.

3 Likes

And this is an international forum, labour, utilities, supplies will vary hugely

2 Likes

Thank you Annet3167, super helpful, I’ll get the survey up and def scour the forums with key words more.

1 Like

Very true… I will take that into account, although the variables are of interest as well.

1 Like

A master’s degree in “Hospitality”? Next we’ll be getting questions from doctoral students in “Mixology” or post-docs studying the efficacy of duvet covers vs. top sheets…

@NordlingHouse. Hospitality is a degree program. It isn’t easy to complete. It is a blend of business and specialized information for restaurants & hotels. I have respect for anyone working on an education.

6 Likes