Woman Finds Window of AirBNB Hotel Room Opens Directly Into Operating Restaurant

It’s hotel, it’s an AirBnB… and she got a refund.

Desiree Baker (@desireerosebaker) posted on December 20 about arriving at Cassa Times Square, where she was expecting a room with skyline views of Manhattan, as advertised in the listing’s photos. Instead, she says, “I pull up the shades, there’s no buildings. We’re in a restaurant.” Showing and not just telling, she pulls up the room’s blackout curtains, revealing a couple enjoying a dinner directly in front of her window, though they seemingly have no idea she’s there because the windows were set up like one-way mirrors.

4 Likes

Umm, seems like AirBnB should shut this listing down for inaccurate information, not just refund this one guest!

1 Like

This just feels soooooo creepy.
I understand that guests at the next table could hear a conversation, but if you think you are alone and there is actually someone watching / listening that you are completely unaware of…unlocked windows with through access to the restaurant.
Also wondering about emergency exits?

1 Like

Takeout? Will there be takeout from the window? I would pay extra for that.

Seems like Airbnb has a new category- an Accommodation “Experience”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

And assuming this means the window doesn’t actually open, to me it would count as a room without a window. A no-no in the US.

If the window does open, I’d be tempted to ask the close table to pass the bread.

1 Like

It opens. She shows that clearly in the video. So weird.