Winnie the Pooh anniversary stay

A little whimsy.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/52234442?fbclid=IwAR0TrDvetwecn3QJFrAzFI07avZxa1B-TOBAfvD36o0EZMf7UmO67Ekuwh4&source_impression_id=p3_1653667621_rzLvdXl3RjIeTS1z

6 Likes

I love it! What a great idea : )

2 Likes

Intrigued by 24 hour security provided! But an amazing idea wonderfully executed.

Thank you for sharing and for whimsy!

Where’s the bathroom……?

It’s separate from the rental. The listing describes the set up.

So cute and a great idea.

I dislike what Disney does to classic stories, but the original Winnie-the-Pooh books, which I read myself as a child, and then read to my children, play on both a child and adult level. There are subtleties that would go over a child’s head and for that reason, I enjoyed them even more when I read them to my kids than when I read them as a child.

By contrast, there were some children’s books that I got so sick of reading to them over and over again. And that’s what most little kids are like- they take a fancy to some book and want it read to them every day.

I must have read Beatrix Potter’s Timmy Tiptoes to my 2 year old granddaughter at least 20 times in the one month I stayed in Canada last summer.

1 Like

It’s so weird that she describes it as Disney’s Winnie the Pooh when obviously it’s not Disney’s but the authors

2 Likes

That jumped out at me, too. She probably never read the books and thinks Disney took some obscure old childrens’ book and popularized it.

I looked up the current ownership of Winnie the Pooh and found this:

On Jan. 1, 2022, numerous works entered the public domain, including A.A. Milne’s original Winnie-the Pooh stories. Although Disney’s version of Pooh is protected by copyright, the company no longer has an exclusive right to Milne’s work.

I found that here: Winnie-the-Pooh and hundreds of other works are now in the public domain

3 Likes

My point is it’s always been A A Milne’s Winnie the Pooh. Regardless of whether Disney bought the rights. They are still the author.

2 Likes

That Airbnbn is completely sold out. I wonder if they have a noisya and flop eared but wise burro nearby?

I do love that one! There are a few children’s story books that could come to life this way.
Well done!!

2 Likes

Me too, the Disney bit really spoiled it for me as the English version is authentic and so…… English, which is where the story is set.
Disney is too hard edged- but I must say as a kid I loved the movies - Snow White etc etc
Now that would a great set up for an Airbnb. I can picture that glass coffin right now!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 23 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.