Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Wine Country Guests

We live in Sonoma. We’ve been hosting for 5 years. The vast majority of our guests are delightful. The guests who are not delightful are usually those who portray themselves as wine connoisseurs, but are actually using that as a cover for their alcoholism. Just curious to see if any other “wine country” hosts have experienced this.

About a quarter of my guests come up to visit wineries. One group left a half-full bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape (I happily finished), so I know I’ve had some serious wine lovers, but no poorly behaved self-identified oenophiles.

The ones that forgo the wine tours and drive themselves (without drawing straws for a designated driver) are the ones that cause me concern. If it weren’t such a privacy violation, I’d put together a greatest hits of guests stumbling up the front stairs, as captured by the security camera.

I host out of my vineyard and emphasize wine touring in our AVA. I’m dog friendly too. I haven’t noticed any alcoholics…a couple of pot smokers since it’s legal in my State but every guest has been delightful (it helps that I live on site)

Sounds heavenly…

Thanks!! What I don’t have is a tasting room or a winery. This really simplifies things.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!