Will I lose Superhost badge for fewer stays in 2020?

Is anyone who rents a room in their house concerned about too few bookings resulting in loss of Superhost badge/status? I will have closed off my calendar for a whole ear by the time I start hosting again mid-March- I just got second vaccination.

I’m waiting for an answer from Airbnb, but thought I’d check with the experts first ; -)

1 Like

I don’t think any hosts know about Superhost going forward. Airbnb relaxed (as in eliminated) Superhost criteria for much of 2020, while preserving existing Superhost status. As far as I know, they haven’t announced any plans for what they’ll do about Superhost in 2021.

Nor does it matter all that much to me.

2 Likes

Thanks, Rebecca- I’ll stay tuned.

1 Like

Airbnb have waived the number of stays and cancellation rate criteria for SH until 31st March 2021.

Whether they extend the waiver period again after then remains to be seen. We will certainly lose it if they don’t, as we’re now down to only three qualifying stays.

This explains in more detail:

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/updates-to-the-october-and-january-superhost-assessments-257

JF

1 Like

I expect to lose ours since we won’t open until July 2021. I’ve had two private stays in a year. Hopefully it will bounce back quickly with third quarter rentals.

2 Likes

Personally I don’t particularly care if I lose that status for a few months. Superhost status and $5 gets me a crappy cup of coffee.

Oh it’s nice. I’ve been a Superhost ever since we started this 5 years ago. Guests can search on Superhost. You get a $100 travel voucher. And an electronic badge on your listing. And a special CS access phone number that may or may not still be worth what it used to.

1 Like

It’s not. You no longer get an actual employee of AirBnB. You get clueless contractors.

1 Like

I’ve also heard airbnb have been more relaxed about this during the pandemic, so I don’t think there to much to worry about.