Will Fabstayz Survive?

That’s kind of a good thing, isn’t it? Obviously not for the businesses involved, but if it means that people care less and less about sexuality (which is none of their bloody business anyway) so there is less need for such “niche” markets?
I’d never heard of Olivia Travel before, thanks for that info.

Yes, we do. And I estimate that about 45% of our guests are from that [wide] demographic.

4 Likes

Yes. There’s some bumps along the way and if someone can pick up a nickel or two, good for them.

No why?
It seems a cultural thing, this need for host to express that they accepting x or y guest.

This whole thing is not an issue in most of Western Europe, it is normal to accept all kinds of guests. So it will not be a success here.

Sounds like the guy might have schizophrenia/schizoaffective disorder. :frowning:

Well, my Alaskan community of 35,000 has really changed since when I was a kid, and gay folks were given a “blue ticket” on the ship headed for Seattle. The blue ticket didn’t allow them to get off the ship until it got to Seattle (a local playright will be premiering a play about that experience here next week).

I really knew it had changed when the group that got the biggest hand in last year’s 4th of July parade was the marching group from our local PFLAG chapter that featured a drag Sarah Palin, and when the same drag artist started doing monthly story hours as “Dolly” for our local public library Dolly Parton Imagination Library book giveaway days (Dolly funds this amazing program because when she was growing up the only book her family could afford was a Bible).

3 Likes

@NordlingHouse I love to hear that…:clap:

Since the launch of Fabstayz, can we measure it’s success by growth or is it too soon to judge. Before it’s launch, several people were promoting this new niche business model on social media to promote and bring awareness that this community needed “safe places” for traveling. Since the launch, none of the hosts in my market have listed with them. I have hosts in my social media circles report that they feel they have been pressured to list with this service to prove they support the LGBTQ community. Me personally, I have booked LGBTQ people for years and I don’t feel the need to list with Fabstayz to prove I support or discriminate against this community. Some hosts feel that similar niche business models just reinforce reverse discrimination. We all know this community boycotts Chick Fil A, but I don’t feel they will boycott my short/long term rentals because I am not listed on Fabstayz. I also don’t see the whole LGBTQ community pledging to only book with Fabstayz.

1 Like

Yeah, you already said all that. Why did you post it again?

JF

Because it was flagged and hidden by the owner or a mod. Look where I originally posted. I don’t have any permissions on this forum including private messaging. Someone doesn’t want me to communicate with @tom2 or any other member.

Visible to me, which means visible to all.

JF

Not to me and in my inbox I got the automated message saying it was flagged. Also every post has been flagged. My post about the blacklist is flagged and hidden. I can still see it from the link in the message but it has been hidden from the forum on top of the flag. I have private messages from Kendrick informing me that I will never have any rights in this group. I just wonder why they allow me to be a member?

You were told before that the member you are referring to is not your friend/acquaintance/whatever with the name of “Kendrick”. If you really want @KKC to be “Kendrick” then if you ask nicely, maybe she’ll oblige; but I doubt it. You could always resort to one of these:

Imgur

JF

3 Likes

I don’t know what you are talking about. Who told me Kendrick isn’t Kendrick? I have not been told that. This forum is jumbled in pieces and bits on what I am allow to see. It is so censored, I can’t make heads or tails of it.

I wish I could post a screenshot so you can see what I do. And now my original post is now visible at the top as I write this.

JF

How do you post that? I can’t do it on my end. I am not allowed to see that post.

Try it with the hat.

JF

4 Likes

@Jim_Haines who is Kendrick?

We used to have a business next to Wilton mannor in Fort Lauderdale and though predominantly gay community we had very few customers from there though our favourite. Then we had a lady who worked for gay newspaper approaching us about advertising . We did. We didn’t have a signle customer from.there.

1 Like