Why in Northern Italy US guests set AC at 16 ° C = 32 F° in summer and use winter duvets?

I’m sorry for my so poor English, I want you to know that your comments are all very useful and interesting. A point of view not only as hosts, thank you again.

wowowowowo found in Italy (I put the link if some Italian host follow this thread)

THANK YOU!!
claudia
PS not for AC but it coudl be interesting for winter

and… just wispering…
it outside temperature is 19-20 °C and there is a fresh breeze coming from the sea does one need a drawing named “How to open the windows”?

Blimey it’s cooler in Italy than the UK at the moment!
The Nest sounds brilliant! I notice the Nest suggests 18 degrees C at night! Perfecto! That’s the same as the medics and sleep studies suggest as we discussed before. Great for people who need to sleep like me. Not so great for the host’s pocketbook or the planet!

It is very cold. I would definitely have the heater on at full tonk at that temperature, night or day.

So how come the Nest, international advanced thermostatic technology, and medical studies all back up the temperatures I am describing!
I hear you and do understand that you are used to a hot climate and that people around you in the same hot climate think 18 degrees is cold. From an OBJECTIVE international standard it isn’t!

No idea. I can only speak for myself. (And @Yana)

1 Like

All I am saying is don’t be at all surprised if northern Europeans NEED a temperature of below 20 degrees to sleep. As I said before idiots who have Aircon with windows open, use it all day or use it with masses of clothes or bedding on are worthy of your full contempt.

I’ve lived in a tropical climate for 30 years and I swear many Asians also have this practice. Wasteful aside, it’s because many of them can’t fall asleep when temperatures are too hot, but when the temperatures cool down they inevitably have to cover up after they lose most of the body heat.