Why do i keep getting inquiries for things i answered in my post?

Cabinhost, you and I think so alike in many ways, it’s uncanny! Your answers always make perfect sense to me. I hope that doesn’t offend you, haha.

2 Likes

Thank you for all the wonderful feedback. I’m so relieved it’s not just me. I’ve picked up some great tips from all your responses and will incorporate some of your best practices too.

I wish we could all sit on my lanai and have a margarita! Sorry but sometimes these guests aggravate me so much I have to drink! Here’s a gem I received last night. Enjoy!

Unreal, Yana, sounds like they are want to do some skinny dipping. Ewww.

Diamond, I don’t get much of this because I am in Hawaii, but I tend to think that the long term stay requests are due to housing shortages in cities on the Mainland. Or people can’t find housing due to bad records and bad behavior. They have no credit or they are bad renters and previous landlords won’t give a good references for them. Sounds like ideal Air guests! NOT!

wow! just wow…

1 Like

Oh my goodness. Let’s get all the demands out in one shall we?

1 Like

LOL! I know. Surprised they didn’t ask to bring a third person too. :smile: I was polite… explained that I didn’t do late check out but they were welcome to leave bags on my front lanai covered by a cloth. However, I couldn’t take responsibility for watching them or being home all day. Other guests have done this and it was fine. For a guy who works for an airline, I’d say he’s pretty unsophisticated about traveling, don’t you think? :slight_smile: As for the flexibility (taking that word to the extreme!) I told him if things were available, they could change, as long as it didn’t make the reservation for less days. Suggested the local motel just in case they weren’t. I mean REALLY… are you really asking me to give you free accommodations (the late check out) and then keep my place available several days before and after due to standby status? Come on! Plus… wouldn’t this work better at a place closer to the airport? I’m an hour from the airport! (But he claims to have looked at my location!)

I did have another guy last night ask about late checkout — I explained the same and then just thought he’d go away…but he decided to do the RIGHT thing and book the place for another night… And he said he’d never traveled outside of Texas before. I accepted his reservation. :smile:

I did just have the most lovely guests check out. They totally GOT my place… only here two nights… but messaged me, thank you for EVERYTHING… we just loved you and your place! However, I have been burned in the past by asking great guests who loved me and left glowing for a review! I’m getting soooo jaded! You can’t trust 'em!

Another day at the AirBnB!

1 Like

Hey Koala!

That is a frustrating aspect of hosting. That, and they don’t read the information left in the room and are always coming up and asking about the wifi password, etc, when it’s all in the book.

One thing I did to cut down on my frustration is to write out a response on word, then cut and paste. It gives the basic information - all on my listing - with friendly greeting, etc.

I have to admit, I was very clueless before becoming a host - I can’t believe the stuff I asked and the questions I made people answer before just booking the damn room…it was all just ignorance of what it’s like on the other side of the equation.

1 Like

Some read every word and memorize. Others haven’t even looked at anything except the directions.