"Which is most like my space?" section on Airbnb

I don’t get it. Who doesn’t provide toilet paper?

Well I think (from reading on the other groups) that people who do whole home rentals for snowbirds, say Florida in winter for example, should not be expected to provide TP for 14 guests for three months or whatever.

We have a 27 day maximum but I always supply three toilet rolls whether guests are staying for three days or three weeks. If they use it all, then they’re on their own… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it will be. If I try to “create a new listing” then the options are there to be chosen and you have to choose them or you can’t continue. For an existing host, I don’t know. If you refuse to update your listing, what happens? Drop to the bottom of search?

We rented a whole house in Bonaire about six years ago. We had to provide our own toilet paper, shampoo, soap, dish detergent, etc. They did provide towels and linens. I packed a few half-used rolls of TP, etc, in my checked luggage just in case we couldn’t get to a store before we checked in and fell right asleep.

I decided right then that if we ever had a rental property, we would NOT require guests to bring their own showering or cleaning supplies.

3 Likes

and people in the other thread are arguing about leaving snacks and water. :rofl:

The only thing I provide in the bathroom is TP, towels, Kleenex, hand soap and shower soap (neutral Ivory liquid).

As a courtesy, because I don’t live close to a grocery store, I do have a small basket of travel size emergency items that is enough to get guests through the night/morning. It includes basic shampoo & conditioner, t-paste, t-brush, disposable razor, shaving cream and feminine products plus a small hair dryer.

So, for people interested in the original question here, I walked through the entire process - it wasn’t too painful. They ask a whole bunch of questions, in most cases going through stuff that is already on the listing. For my original question, standard apartment was the right answer, I think, because it then asked if I was renting a private room within the apartment, which I am.

The only thing I was (and am) really uncertain about was (and is) parking. I had the impression that street parking here is free. But I read some stuff on the net that street parking is illegal, but people park here anyway. Given this is India, this is entirely likely, so I let the defaults, which were no free/paid parking (inside or outside) be. There might be paid parking nearby, but I don’t actually know where that is.

Also, after you’ve done it, if you want to change it, here is the url. The 8235275 of course refers to my listing, so you need to change it to your corresponding number, and be logged in, of course.

https://www.airbnb.co.in/update-listing/8235275

I just did mine. I think it’s a requirement. It’s being presented that way.

1 Like

Yes we are a farm, no you can’t help and cause problems

3 Likes

That’s what I thought too. I’m actually glad they have the guest house/guest suite option now so it is clear to my guests that they are in an “apartment” that is separate from where I live but the outside areas overlap. Previously I used “apartment” which could have been misinterpreted to mean it was in an apartment block or “BnB” so they thought they were sharing common spaces with other guests. Not all of the changes are bad IMHO.

1 Like

I have the same set up and chose “guest house/ guest suite”. I guess the difference is the arrangement with my quarters is vertical rather than horizontal.

That’s the one I chose too.