Where to buy towels in Europe?

Hi all,
I’ve read your threads about Costco and JCPenney but we don’t have access to them from here. I’m looking for hotel-quality towels, I live in France but can probably buy anywhere in Europe and get them shipped.
Your suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @zentravel
Out of Eden , Marks and Spencer and Hotel buyer in the UK

2 Likes

Great, thank you @HumptyDumpty . Do you go for a ‘standard’ 500 gsm towel? Am wondering if they are good enough.

We used the 650g in our 5star B&B and now use the 600g for 4 star self catering. The 500g is definitely 3 star after a few washes.

The OOE 600g ones, yes? They look ideal for us.

Something that recently made us rethink our towels… We bought the best quality lush fluffy towels for our guests. For ourselves we have lesser quality. A few weeks ago, since we forgot to wash our own towels we used the “guest” towels and upon showering a second time that day I noticed they take a lot of time to dry. Since guests are supposed to use there towel for 2 or 3 days this isn’t ideal. It was also the moment I realized that a humid fluffy towel weighs a lot. And since we pay laundry per kilo, this also adds to our overall costs…
So my conclusion was that next time we buy towels we will definitely buy thinner towels that dry quicker and don’t weigh that much.
(Note: We are a budget place.)

3 Likes

I arrived to the same conclusion GutHend, so I offer the best quality IKEA towels for my two studios in europe ( with laundry facilities at both apartments).

2 Likes

I use Absolute Home Textiles on-line for Egyptian cotton towels, percale easy iron sheets, duvets covers, pillows, etc. They stock hotel quality, sell in bulk packs and are excellent value. Towels are also lightweight, dry easily on the line or in the dryer and have stayed white better than our own, more expensive ones. They ship quickly too but I haven’t checked if they ship to Europe from the UK. Good luck!

2 Likes

Ikea towels are ok, Next, M & S do lovely soft ones , go to Ebay and loads of businesses all over Europe and as the currency is the same except UK its easy to see the best value.

1 Like

We have Ikea, Cortes Ingeles, Zara Home, and Masion du Monde towels that we use. Honestly, I think Ikea is the beat bang for the buck.

2 Likes

We’ve tried several different brands but for longevity we find John Lewis to be the best.

2 Likes

Zara Home (in the rebajas, of course) for us. They last really well and stay fluffy although I agree with @GutHend that for ourselves we actually prefer thinner, less fluffy towels (actually in Summer I really like rather hard, scratchy towels!)

But Zara Home always have good deals in the sales and are a “quality” brand (hate their clothes but LOVE their linens etc.) I think I’ll have a look at Absolute Home Textiles as mentiomed by @Joan as well.

Also, although it sounds a bit downmarket, I’ve seen some good stuff at Dunelm Mills (or Dunelm as I now believe it’s called!)

1 Like

NestAngel is quiet decent

1 Like

very posh, have found primark to have nice towels lately

1 Like