When you make changes in the description of the property, will your guests be notified?

Thought I better clarify it here :slight_smile: I like improving the description, and it finally occurred to me, that my guests might be receiving notifications every time I do that :slight_smile: Is that the case, anybody knows?

AFAIK registered guests do not receive updates to descriptions. Don’t know why they would…

2 Likes

That’s a good question. I would hope that if something major, like the number of bedrooms or bathroom changes, the guests would be notified. Otherwise, I think everyone would get irritated with constant updates.

1 Like

When it comes to Airbnb, for the most part nobody receives notifications about any changes, though I wish that would change. Even you, the host, doesn’t. So why would the guest?

The only exception is that if you change the photos, Airbnb sends you a message telling you that you have updated the photos, if I recall correctly, but with no specific information.

2 Likes

They don’t receive update notifications. What I do is copy/paste update and go to ‘pending reservations’ and then send individually to each one. Tedious, very.

1 Like

I think I remember to have read that old bookings follow old listings, if you know what I am talking about.
When a guest books, he or she will follow the rules and policies listed at that time. Any changes you make to your listing will only affect upcoming bookings/guests.

1 Like

The host’s house rules are snapshotted at the time the guest books, and pasted in as part of the reservation. So, to that extent, yes, the booking follows the rules in existence at that time.

2 Likes

Thank you everybody! I feel much better now :slight_smile:

1 Like