When you can get free publicity like this on Twitter

The tweeter does tweet a link to the property eventually, but not nearly so many RTs.

Anyway, an interesting idea!

~Anita

My thinking when I came across it wasn’t that it’s great advertising for the host, which it may or may not be. I did see a few people comment that they wanted to stay with that host. But it’s not the host that tweeted it. I think the person who posted was just making a comment about their Airbnb and they happened to have a lot of followers so the story was retweeted.

The publicity to which I was referring was for Airbnb in general.

…but that’s not what popped into my mind seeing the Tweet. It was “lucky host”!

If someone tweeted about my Airbnb I’d certainly feel that way. They are lucky. But in general, Airbnb has had tremendous growth via word of mouth and the fact that it’s practically synonymous with “home stay” is invaluable.

Yeah, Darin (or Dick York )was so incapacitated from back issues that he barely appeared in the last couple of seasons. They said he was always away on business in the show. Then he became badly addicted to painkillers, and had to quit the show due to his compounded issues. :frowning: He was supposedly an awesome guy. He quit drugs cold turkey after having his wife tie him to the bed for days on end.
On his deathbed, he was championing a charity for the homeless. :frowning:

3 Likes