When you ask a guest to be removed

Sorry for your stress but airban never do cooperate with police and always favor the guests whether they are behaving unlawfully - they give them they money back- then send them onto other nice people such as yourself.

If you can rent out your rooms without airbab trust me do it. my family reviced death threats all over last christmas- airbab rewarded their behavior and found them someplace else. they continued to make calls all through Christmas new years threatening – and when airbab were told this they could not care less.
they are dangerous – do it without them. you all should. they treat owners like dirt.

Because love they are criminals thats all part of airbabs service - they couldn’t care less about you or your home., be warned and be very careful-- especially any single females. Im just waiting to hear some lady owners been murdered and raped.

thats right thats what they are like. ask yourselves this all of you lovely ladies-- why dio you put up with it-- create another group enough contacts.good luck. i warn as many as i get time to do. i was away and my wife and her friend went through hell.

Oh don’t be such a scaremonger. Please don’t perpetuate the myth that females are weak and defenceless. Women have as much chance of being raped or murdered in their day-to-day lives as they do when they are being Airbnb hosts.

I assume that it’s me you’re calling an idiot? Strangely, the overwhelming evidence seems to imply otherwise.

I am in my sixties. We get even smarter as we get older, you know.

2 Likes

as i said prior i dont get time to post here often- just waiting on somebody-- its clearly your choice if you wish to be subject to having airbab encourage public to comment on your home- your bathroom riot down to your loo paper - but i draw the line when they turn a blind eye to abuse- of especially ladies.
Thats possibly why you dont get where im coming from.

1 Like

doubt Dudley, im a police officer who gets to see the damage these people create, you’ve no idea how many especially single females have been abused assaulted even attacked mentally damaged for life because they had no support ion these matters
I do Yeah iv been there and seen it and airbab do nothing. It t even hap[ended to my own family members when i was away.
The complaint – or should i say request had to come from aibab to get these guys known whereabouts-- after making death threats. they airban refused to coperate protecting these low lifes

Yeah I can understand why you’d be gobsmacked about that because that is really just ludicrous. Especially with video proof that they broke the house rules. At that point basically what they’re telling you is take care of it yourself. That is just crazy

1 Like

I was paid twice without guests staying ( i did not let them in). Once 880$, once 1K.

Thats really a bad story with your young guests, thats why i dont rent to them separate house. It took me only one stay and i understood noway any ignorant kids will stay in my house without supervision. What pisses me off in your story is how the know everything , about IRS, and other things. Here they are smart asses, they know how to complain and get their way, but they dont have primitive bringing up on how to act in civil manner and no respect for people around them and someone’s property. I am glad police kicked them out.

I never rely on AIrbnb when it comes to handling these issues, and i dont think anyone should. I just dont see how they can do anything here. I am here, they are thousands miles away.
I had few tough situations and i handled it myself. Once i ran into my house full of drugged up teens who stoll someone’s credit card and were celebrating Martin Luther King day. They only spent there 12 hours but house was trashed. I was notified immediately by VRBO, and ran there without thinking.
I probably looked terrifying, i said only one word “OUT!!”, in 5 minutes house was empty, there were like 20 of them.
Then i called police. My husband told me that was the crazy thing to do to go there by myself to the house full of high teens. But i guess i had adrenalin rush and did not think straight.

I would not waste my time and wait for Airbnb to tell me what to do. Cancel or not cancel, if they disturb my neighbors, threaten me, and being rude i would not go to sleep that day without kicking them out.

3 Likes

Your probably right Dudley, i admit to not reading the entire thread-- Just saw the woman moaning about having trouble after booking a heap of young ones-- sorry Rob.Gets up my nose . They invite trouble then call the police or somebody else to clean up the mess because one things certain no way airbab are going to help.

Yes @dave you should read the thread. As I did not invite a ‘heap’ of kids into my house. I invited a group of 3 couples that said they were late 20s professionals. Shit happens, and making a good host the victim, will not change that this could happen to anyone on the forum.

2 Likes

your right azreala my apologies. i should have - but somehow i thought it was 20 kids.
It sure can happen to anybody – i just fear-- actually know people get very little support from the young inexperienced aibann staff. For most-- it works out but in very seruios cases- they run a mile. They always put guests first fact.
I guess what bugs me tbo is so many people accept it is ok to encourage guests to make very personal comments about “” yoiur home.
I mean fair enough if there is a seruios problem BY ALL MEANS the guest should contact airbab-- but i saw somebody left a comment for example that a lady – it was her first lot of guests – simply forgot to put loo paper in the bathroom.

Airbab belittled her by allowing that to go up-- anyway off topic a bit – just hope people start to ban together-- do their own thing-- pol in to advertise and give them the flick.

You did the right thing and my family when i was away also called police— after they called airbab at least 3 times asking for assistance-- and airban did the same thing said dont call police we will refund their money and find them another place to go ??
Really they rewarded these mongrels – took a weeks money off my wife-- didnt matter but its the principle – and gave it back to these who threatened to kill my family. Good on airbab --But it didnt stop there. They continued the threats from wherever they were placed – and police required airbabs cooperation to grab these guys-- this went on all through Christmas .

So good on you for calling police-- it could have got a lot worse-- no thanks to airbab of course.

The reason I posted this thread was to let other hosts know that when ‘sht hits the fan’ its on YOU the HOST to fix the problem. ABB won’t do anything until afterwards, and the only thing they will do is compensate for physical damages. In my case the 4 hours at 2:00 that I spent on the phone with ABB, was not compensated. My driving to the house at 7:00 and calling the cops, and waiting, was not compensated. Getting verbally harassed by these kids while sitting my car, was not compensated. However, the broken Ikea wine glass for $3, was compensated.

We all are in this biz bc the good ($$$) outweighs the bad, but I think sharing the bad can help others efficiently deal with situations like this.

you should find others ban together and stand up to airbab- they will be buggered without home owners.
They couldn’t care less and arnt you lucky you wernt attacked waiting in your car for police.

I agree completely. It’s always a source of amazement to me that people expect Airbnb to virtually manage their own business. They are just a platform to enable home-sharing, they’re not there to counsel you on how to behave like an adult in your own home. If someone misbehaves in my home, Airbnb guest or not, they get told. Nicely but firmly. It works 99.9% of the time. The 0.01% get the hard core eviction. No need to involve Airbnb. What are they going to do on the phone from a beanbag in California anyway?

edit: bit macho there! But I do think people call air for stupid reasons. Maybe that should be another thread.

1 Like

Yes, please!!!

hahahahahahaha… good one

Done
:slight_smile:
20 20 and more bloody 20s

I agree, however, I think many people believe that they will HELP you (the host) if things get sticky. We pay them a good amount of money and agree to their TOS, so it isn’t completely unreasonable to think they would help. I didn’t expect them to send a task force to remove the idiots from my house, but I did pseudo expect them to have a protocol when dealing this this scenario. Like “hey Az, here are the next steps” …“when you call the cops say this”…“we will call your non ER polide department phone number to let them know there is no active rental agreement”. Something to help me out. Sadly they did nothing, which was why I was venting.

1 Like