When It Rains It Pours

We bought the Serta iComfort TempActiv III. I’m located in Canada so not sure outside of Canada if Serta will have the same name, but it will be with the EverCool® Fuze™ Memory Foam and ours is a medium feel. Every night I go to bed and say ahhhhhh!

2 Likes

I have an Ecosa mattress in my accommodations as well as my own home. I love mine and have had no complaints from my guests either. The feedback has been really positive. No issues with heat at all, or sinking. And the pricing is awesome!

I went with Ecosa over other brands as it comes with an inner cover that is waterproof so really handy for easy maintenance! Plus as mentioned above, it has adjustable firmness so I ask my guests what feel they prefer before they arrive and have it set up and waiting for them ready to go.

I recommend them to everyone I know, there has been nothing I can fault about the company at all. Easy to order, easy to deliver(in a box), good customer service, good warranty, amazing price- ticks all the boxes!

We bought a Nectar for the guests about a month ago. So far so good. We considered keeping it for ourselves, ha! :grin:

1 Like

Have you slept on it?

Yes, we have, and it’s very comfy. It’s quite firm, but it does form to your body after a bit. We have a Tempur-Pedic in our room and hubby actually prefers the Nectar. It came with “free” pillows, too. It includes a lifetime warranty for the original owner. This was a big selling feature for us because we had to have our Tempur-Pedic replaced three times (for free, thankfully) due to it sagging. It came as a bed in a box and was really easy to set up.

What happened to your pic?

1 Like

It’s one of the brands I’d looked at closely. Does it sleep “cool” in your opinion? I’ve PM’d you.

It does, especially compared to our Temur-Pedic. We’re open tonight. Can I send you pics or do a video for you? Any other info you’d like to see about it? Hey, catch a plane, and you can test it out yourself!

Oh, and they say you get a 365 night trial, which was also a plus for us.

1 Like

LOL. Thanks. I’ve seen the pics on the website. There’s really no way to go wrong with their guarantee and trial period. I’m just feeling a little like I owe Nest Bedding since they gave me a free $1000 mattress. And I know those are comfy.

Well, you could always try one out and see how it goes. If you like a firm mattress, you’ll love it. I’m expecting ours to soften up a bit over time, so firmness is a good thing to me. I guess I’ve been a bit burned by the softness of our Tempur-Pedic. Although I always love it initially, it just hasn’t held up well over time. If you know you love the Nest, that sounds like a good bet, too. Looks like the prices are similar. My only real concern with Nectar is how long they’ll be around to fulfill their warranties.

1 Like

I thought I’d let everyone know how things worked out with both sets of my guests not liking their mattresses. I got 5 star ratings overall from both guests, but I did work for it.

I bought the mattress snobs a 4” Serta Pillow Topped Memory Foam topper, which made them happy. That was a pretty pricey solution, but I guess we have it if anyone else complains about our too hard and defective Nest bed. I did mention in the review that we were happy we were able to accommodate this guest’s preference for a softer mattress as a way to warn other hosts.

When they left, the other folks who wanted a more firm mattress were still here for 3 more nights, so during the turnover we switched the mattresses. They were much happier.

This only worked out so well because both sets of guests were the type that were happy and impressed that we took their complaints seriously and went out of our way to fix things. Other types of guests wouldn’t have been so gracious.

2 Likes

I love a happy ending!

I have a (perhaps dumb) question: does it make sense to buy memory foam mattresses for places where a different person sleeps every couple of months? I thought that the whole point of memory foam was that it adjusts to your own sleeping positions and body?

Indeed, but in my experience, it bounces back. Bounce may be the wrong word, it slowly rises back to original flat position. There may be others that differ. Maybe some brands are better than others, but my own is many years old (well it’s a topper, but same difference in theory) and does not sag, or keep the imprint of my sleeping body!

1 Like

Ok, but what’s the point of the memory foam again? I obviously don’t know as much about it as I thought. :smiley:

You had it right:

Memory foam is known for its contouring comfort that embraces your body, and helps dissipate pressure points and distribute weight. It is a popular sleeping surface choice due to how well it cradles stiff or sore joints without sacrificing overall support.

Check out this article:
Advantages of memory foam
My significant other swears by the Tempurpedic ($$$ sticker shock) brand, he says superior “body temperature control”. I for one think he’s full of it :open_mouth::joy: and chose Sealy. Again, I’m talking mattress toppers, not whole mattresses. Many brands, many options. I have a 3 inch, and a 4 inch. Wish I went with both as 3 inch toppers b/c I can’t tell the difference, really.

Here is a sleep blog with an article Tempurpedic vs. other brands

I don’t know if you want to buy a topper or whole mattress? I found that the toppers revive an old tired mattress, lol. If you have serious sagging in the center, it will help, but I would not do that kind of fix for an airbnb room.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I can see how the term “memory foam” would lead you to believe that it “remembers” your body, but that’s not really what it does. It “remembers” it’s original shape and always returns to it when no pressure is applied.

Memory Foam mattresses are great, and especially, IMO, for Airbnb’s because the foam, when each individual person lays on it, conforms to their body and supports them well. Heavier parts of your body sink into the foam more, and lighter parts less, resulting in a straighter spine while you sleep.

When you get out of bed, the memory foam springs back to it’s original position, all ready to mold and conform to whatever body is on it next. Hope this makes some semblance of sense. :slight_smile:

1 Like