When a guest leaves all the good stuff in the private feedback and not the review

There is the other option with past guests if you have given them the thumbs down, the do not allow guests who have not been recommended by other hosts to book, maybe an IB thing.

I can only think of one booking I would really not want back, well the Husband, Wife was OK. And I doubt he will be coming back.

My comment was a bit tongue in cheek. Iā€™ve had a few guests that I gave 5 star reviews to that have said they will book again but Iā€™d just prefer they not. No one truly awful. An example: there was one I was nervous about who had and gave a couple of negative reviews. Then they asked for early check in, and after arrival asked if I had a bowl they can borrow. Then they didnā€™t leave a review although they messaged me that they loved it, would like to stay again and called it 5 stars. But she checked out before 7 am which I LOVE and left the room in great shape. I tend to think I prefer the devil I know.

Iā€™ve only given two thumbs down and they were both in the last 2 months. But I have no restrictions on who can IB (i.e., I donā€™t have ā€œrecommended by other hostsā€ because I welcome first time users. If I could discreetly block a few I might consider it but I wouldnā€™t want the guest to know I had blocked them. I wonder what a blocked guest sees on their side?

If this is a previous guest, if you rated them 2 stars or less, they will not be able to book with you again automatically even if itā€™s IB.

Like @KKC I would like to not host a few guests, not because I gave them less than two stars or they were truly awful, just would rather not deal with them. Itā€™s more like an option to block your listing from their view, kinda like unfriending someone, where they donā€™t know it happened. They could still book elsewhere, just not with me :slight_smile: Different strokes for different folks ā€“ they could be fine guests for someone else. I too have instant book and donā€™t require a prior recommendation as we get 95% first timers. Itā€™s probably too much of a challenge for Airbnb programming, or the non discriminate pledge, to even put it in the hosting voice thread in the hopes of something ever happening so I wonā€™t botherā€¦

3 Likes

copy and paste it in your comments page -

I find this hugely irritating too. I got a really good private review, but in the public one he moaned about the local pub!