Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

What would you say is a "laptop friendly workspace?

Personally I like to throw myself down on the couch and have the computer on my lap. I work like this all the time. But what do you think a guest is expecting when we have checked “laptop friendly workspace” in facilities. Is a small table and a regular chair ok, or has it to bee a desk and an office chair?

I think that any table and chair is OK as long as it has appropriate lighting and is close to a power outlet.

4 Likes

Table or table type desk with a light and a powerstrip. Does not need a fancy desk chair.

1 Like

I have to have a table of any sort and a chair with power nearby. I use my laptop for everything, even to recharge my phone.

Table/ desk, chair, close to plug socket, maybe a light. What else could anyone want or need?

1 Like

My definition of laptop friendly is perhaps a higher bar. I expect a desk that is big enough to have my work list and a note pad to the right of the machine. The chair should be at least a “secretary” chair or a really good sturdy dining room chair that is the correct height for the table. There should be power right there with a surge protector [if you have any variation in the amount of power] and bonus points for an open shelf where I can place my bags, adapters, extra cords, and bag.

2 Likes

Thank’s for the input. The socket is there, and I will install a better lamp. The open shelf is also a good idea!

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!