What Kind of Compensation to Offer Guest

I’ve twice offered to refund the first day of guests’ 10 day reservations that they missed due to overbooked flights, just as a matter of goodwill. Both guests refused the offer, telling me that it was nice of me to offer, but that the delay wasn’t my fault and that my place is great value.

So guests who turn down offered refunds may be few and far between, but they do exist.

2 Likes

Update. All is well that ends well. Guests were great otherwise and left a glowing, perfect review and want to return in the future as they have family here. I am confident they plugged the toilet up but am also confident that they have learned their lesson and wouldn’t repeat it if they stayed again.

I refunded one night’s rate and the cleaning fee which is low, but not the extra guest fee for that night ($20), so a very minimum refund. I’m glad I didn’t go the champagne route as they hadn’t touched either the wine or the beers in the unit, so may have been non-drinkers.

5 Likes

I like this set up! It consolidates both “tool” and it sure beats having a gross plunger sitting on the floor or in the cabinet under the sink. Does anyone have a link to something like this?

PS: Google Image is a handy tool: found it right away. Even that someone put it on their wedding registry :thinking:

1 Like

Boom! Thanks @HH_AZ !

1 Like