What items / services would you charge extra for, and how much?

We used to drive people to and from airport. I charged them same as UBER. 10$. Then the hassle was not worth it.
One host in Austria charged me 1euro for coffee. I didn’t think it was cool. Other than that the rest of amenities I offer is free such as laundry. They also use my detergent.

I’m not sure how other countries work, but in almost all States in the US you need to purchase a liquor license to sell liquor. I leave one or two bottles of wine depending on which house as part of my gift basket and that is legal, since I am not charging them for it.

About the only things I charge extra for is if they request a chef to cook a special meal that we use occassionaly or a babysitter as I have to pay extra for both. My rental agreement and rules state I can charge for late check out, but I have yet to do it.

1 Like

Agree. All these things are dependent on what kind of listing(s) you have. I am old-school private room in house and work from home so I can accommodate luggage drop-off and storage for free. Actually, I highlight that in my listing description. It’s extremely competitive where I live so anything I can do to get an edge, I’ll do it (within reason, of course!)

A sleeping bag etc.could have broken the machine. Bulky items need a dry cleaners or a triple loader. That should have been your objection.

FYI, I do provide detergent. Costco Is fantastic. I do not offer a selection of types, but one of them is very fond of my stain remover.

That person was wrong. It clearly says free
Or for a fee on the amenity…

I have an honesty bar which I think is a permitted grey area as I do not ask for people to pay for anything they consume from the mini fridge in the communal area but to replace it with similar. It’s been running for 2 years now since I started and while the contents have changed quite a bit from the original stock, it has never been abused.

Quite possible.

The issue is that all fees have to be disclosed in advance. @Jcaff12002 just put your fee in the House Rules and in the listing. I charge for pets and have never had Airbnb give me a hard time and they have helped me collect it multiple times.

I requested to speak with CS supervisor. I sent picture of amiinity free or fee. I had another issue with this guest complaining about bedbugs. I have a service that comes in and inspects and treats. Guest got a chigger bite posted we have bed bugs and we charge for the washer and dryer? I presented inspection report to CS and asked this review to be removed. The CS rep says review stays and focused more on W&D fees? We inspected 4 hours after we got a review about bed bugs. Costs us $50 everytime we have emergency inspection. Ugh!

My rentals are whole houses in a golfing retirement area. If they are renting for less than 30 days we charge for the amenity pass, which allows all the free golf they can stand, as well as access to the pools, tennis and pickle ball courts, dance classes, etc. Many of the shorter term guests are families visiting their parents, and their parents can get them guest passes, so they don’t need the amenity pass.

The houses include use of a two person golf cart. If they’d like to upgrade to a four person golf cart we charge for the difference.

Each house has a high capacity washer and dryer. We supply all laundry supplies, and enough towels and sheets to set up each bathroom and bedroom with a full set of spares, plus enough pool towels for full occupancy. Guests can wash and dry their towels if they need to.

If we aren’t doing a same day turnover and the house cleaners are able to get the house cleaned in time we allow late checkout or early check in for free.