What is your opinion of Wheelhouse?

My Airbnb coach is highly encouraging me to connect Wheelhouse to my listing; he thinks I’ll make more money. I’m a new Airbnb host so concerned about getting the attention of guests with too high prices. Our first guest checked out this morning. They said we were 6 Star. No review yet. I’m crossing my fingers. June-August is not high season here (AZ). I’d like your opinion of Wheelhouse if you’ve used it or still use it. (Beyond pricing is not available in my area.)

Ive never heard of Wheelhouse, what is it please?

You have an “AirBnB coach”???

3 Likes

There are a number of airbnb management services you can use and blogs/websites that do comparisons on them so ask your coach to direct you to one of these sites.

Personally I don’t need to use them as I find it easy to manage everything myself (I only have one listing). But I know some people here do use them. So sure they will chip in.

If you are paying an Airbnb coach for advice and you trust what they say. Why not go with what they advise? Remember though they may get an affiliate commission for any referrals they make.

An Airbnb coach? This is probably new to most, if not all of us on the forum. This forum itself has been my coach…

Okay; Wheelhouse. They are a pricing engine that claims to carry out knowledge based research into what’s going on, events etc, together with observing the competition your area, and prices accordingly. You can set your base/top rate, so no fear of any attention from guests with too high prices, although I would happily attract them! It is preferable to Air’s smart pricing.

What do I think of them? When it works, it works. It seems to be pretty much of a two member band and their connection to Airbnb collapsed for a couple of months recently. This may have been Air’s fault but WH were impossible to have a proper CS conversation with throughout. It’s all on-line chat, they offered me a charge free period once back up and running, but then charged me once they were. They charge per booking and their fees are very reasonable but they give me the impression of having created more than they can manage. At times, they simply ignored me, and then didn’t alert me that they had fixed the connection.

That’s it really. Well done on the 6*s. Please tell us more about your coach!

What is 6 star? I’m only aware of 0-5 stars in reviews.

Just another opinion - I’ve used several services as free trials - just out of curiosity and I’m still convinced that there isn’t a service anywhere that knows our rental, our price structure, our area and our local events the same as I do. So no services for me.

For example, the apartment directly below our rental is 99.99% identical to ours. They are furnished differently, of course, but are the same in the basic amenities, location, view, outside areas etc. In other words, all the aspects that a service would take into account.

But in reality one attracts many more guests and at a much higher price. This is because of details that no service would ever even know about.

I feel like we have used all the pricing services at some point. I tried Wheelhouse last year and was not impressed. It was cumbersome to use, and save special pricing. Their algorithm kept overriding my special pricing and almost cost me $10k on a festival booking, thank god the people didn’t IB. I also thought their pricing was too high for my areas, we have been doing this for 9yrs and I’m a pretty good gauge of what our markets can bare. I fully subscribe to not being 100% more than 30 days out, so don’t get me wrong I like to keep out prices higher, but I could never get wheelhouse to where I felt comfortable.

We have been using Beyond Pricing for 3 years and I find their interface much more simplistic. They don’t have all the bells and whistles as Wheelhouse, but it gets the job done.

Currently, I have been switching to Air BNBs ‘price tips’ is they are within a $5-10 range of Beyond Pricing in order to get the ‘bump’ that theoretically comes from using price tips. It worked very well the first time I tried it, we had 5 booking that day.

He just meant it was beyond a 5 star review.

I hired a super host (400+ 5* reviews) to walk me through the process as a newbie.

Love Wheelhouse! It has significantly boosted our revenue over using Airbnb’s smart pricing (which is horrible by the way).

Old topic, OP not been here for three years.

JF