What is the best sleeping set up for a One Bedroomed House?

I am in the process of furnishing a small Grade 2 Listed building which has ONE bedroom.
I’m in the UK would and new to Airbnb and would like your opinion:
"Is it be better to get a double bed or two singles that can be joined to make a double? "

Can you fit larger singles? British doubles are small!

Thanks for your reply.

I doubt it the house is small built in the 17th Century as an agricultural labourers cottage. And it’s that history and quirkiness that makes it attractive

1 Like

It really depends on who you target market is. If you think it will be couples, then I would go for a double.

And using a standard English double is fine. I think it tends to be people in North America who find our beds small. They are standard in Europe.

Where I am (in Bristol) we don’t tend to get many guests from there, so doesn’t tend to be an issue.

Thanks a lot for your reply I am new so unsure if it’s couples or not who will be best suited…

I agree with @Helsi that you need to sort out your demographic. Just go onto Airbnb in your neighborhood and see what your successful competition is offering (look at their reviews) and then one up them.

My $.02 -> a single bed would have me looking elsewhere even if it were just me traveling. I think a queen size bed in the bedroom is a minimum (American here). If possible, I’d suggest some type of convertible sofa in the living room to allow for additional guests or two (non-couple) individuals.

1 Like

Thanks for that I was looking at possibly TWO singles that can be joined to make a King size double. Pretty standard in France and Germany B & B and apartments

Love the tip about research locally thanks

To be honest I find those two singles which make a double bed are never that comfortable when you sleep as two in a bed, as you tend to end up rolling into the middle.

I would prefer a standard double or queen to two singles that make up one bed.

In terms of your demographic as well as looking at local STRs in your area, think about: are you near Universities, or major companies, are you located in a tourist destination - this will help you decide on the demographic you want to focus on and you can design amenities for your Airbnb based on your preferred demographic.

1 Like

Helsi

Again thanks for your input, very helpful.

1 Like