What i hate most about airbnb

Sorry, but this is nonsense.

3 Likes

I am in Hamilton, Ontario Canada. I have been a landlord 20 years and an ABB host one month yesterday. The rates won’t last. The strategy was to create an impact and getg repeat clients, then raise the rates. However it is still better than what i got renting rooms. Everybodywins!

Looked at your comments re:accommodating doggies, K9. Good on you! We sure could use some pup-friendly places up here!

Cheers!

1 Like

Ah, I probably won’t be going there anytime soon. But if I do I’ll look for you. :wink:

Daily Mail is not exactly a credible news source.

2 Likes

Bedbugs are not cockroaches. Five star hotels - even in the 70s - are not so infested with cockroaches that you can only unpack in the bathroom.

Of course! :grinning:

I personally never SAW a cockroach in 1985-8.My boss and several co-workers claim that they did. It was enough to concern me, and I have been vigilant in hotels ever since.

Any cursory search of infestations in hotels, including 5 stars, give rise to multiple articles.

it is your call as to whether or not a source is credible, but this Host does not take chances anywhere.

I once had a ‘lovely’ experience in a motel in Daytona. We hadn’t booked anywhere and arrived there at about 11 pm. The only place we could find with availability (it was a race weekend) was called The Golden ‘something’ Motel. I forget what the ‘something’ was because we immediately renamed it The Golden Cockroach Motel.

It was the sort of place where you knocked on the door marked ‘reception’ and a little section slid open. There were bars on this little section that revealed some sort of pugilist-looking guy.

I got to my room (there was no other availability anywhere) and went into the bathroom. On the loo were those paper strips that read ‘sanitised for your protection’. On those paper strips were several cockroaches. I slept in the car.

But in many,many years of travelling, often in the finest hotels, that’s the only time I have come across any infestation at all.

Since the 1990s most good hotels have abandoned the regular hotel-type bedspread and gone for white which demonstrates their cleanliness.

i am glad that your experiences were positive!

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/02/25/hotel.hygiene/

That article is from 2011. Things have changed a lot since then, :slight_smile:

1 Like

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travel-truths/how-clean-is-your-hotel-room/

Indeed, another piece of research by health and safety firm Check Safety Firm, reported by Telegraph Travel, found that the bathrooms were the cleanest places in the hotel room as they were regularly and thoroughly cleaned, as opposed to the mattresses or duvets, which were not. :slight_smile:

It just goes to show that Airbnb hosts have better standards than hotels!

1 Like

Some do. Remember the young English fellow who used to post regularly? He posted, without an ounce of shame, that he only cleaned the bathroom once a week. Every guest got laundered bed sheets and a clean towel I believe. He was perfectly happy with his 4 star average on cleanliness.

3 Likes