What have you learned about yourself as an Airbnb Host?

I wonder what things you have learned about yourself since becoming an Airbnb Host?
For me, two things stand out:

1. I really enjoy having a pleasant looking and clean place thats easily within my control, unlike my household.
    I guess thats not so
    unusual.
  2. I didn’t know what kind of host I’d be regarding my host/ guest interactions. To my surprise I’m upbeat and sociable as I’m normally a little more reserved when interacting with strangers. When i told a friend this , she laughed and said ‘ its Business, Loz!’.
    What have you learned about yourself?
1 Like

That I am a complete neat freak and a total perfectionist. I never knew. Like you, my own place isn’t anything like as good. In fact, it’s often a tip. :slight_smile:

Again, me too. But I discovered how tough I can be too if guests are doing anything they shouldn’t be.

BTW, great idea for a new topic!

That I can easily and happily do my AirBnb - and manage my 3 apartments - alone! My spouse died a year ago December.

3 Likes

Im really sorry you had to find that out about yourself that way. My deepest condolences to you. I’m glad to hear you could access depths of strength you may not have been aware of.

My airbb is a spare room in my house and I learned that I love having my place looking so clean and clutter free (at least a few days a week).

I have 2 huskies and I learned that others find them as adorable and entertaining as I do. A relief, actually

1 Like