"What does it mean to be an Airbnb Host"? - Research study

Hey Guys,

I am a social scientist from a major Swiss university. Since 2013, I have been working on a research project, in which I address the question above: “What does it mean to be an Airbnb Host?”.

Clearly, much of what has been written in previous posts and comments addressed this question in one way or another. I will avoid posing any repetitive questions. I follow research ethics, which oblige me to ensure both confidentiality and anonymity to all my informants. Most importantly, however, I am not going to use any specific posts or comments for my study without asking you personally for your permission.

Finally, I am just grateful to learn from you. I am convinced that your stories will enhance, complete and round of my knowledge about hosting on Airbnb, which I gained through personally interviewing Airbnb Hosts.

If you ever feel like contacting me directly to share experiences, feel free to do so through the following email address beingahostresearch@gmail.com.

Best,
Georg

Hi Georg,
I am a researcher in IT law at Queen Mary University of London.
I am researching on legal aspects of online platforms, could you share the results or the state of your research please? We may also collaborate, if you give me more details about the purpose of your research.
Cheers,
Guido
noto.la.diega@gmail.com
@guidonld