What do you think of the area!

Everyone compares what they are doing to what you want to offer. I’ve seen every imaginable thing on airbnb including a tent on someone’s deck. And these odd listings often have hundreds of 5 star reviews. Anything is manageable with a skilled manager. Good luck to you.

4 Likes

@kebaloco1,

Look you asked for opinions. You may have noticed that we don’t mince words here.

I would figure out how to make a BR available on the same floor as the bathroom. My 2 cents but do whatever you like.

Yes the Murphy bed is set up

Thanks for explaining. But when you write a statement like “Hosting is about hosting as as many guests as possible”, that doesn’t seem to be open to interpretation.

1 Like

I had a friend who was sleeping in a tent on my daughter’s deck (not a rental) The tent was a little larger than the deck and my friend rolled off the bed into the corner that was a little off the deck and fell through the open doorway of the tent. Her husband, who was in the house, heard a crash and came out to find her laying on the ground. She said she must be the first person who’s ever fallen out of a tent.

2 Likes

Have you had any trouble?
It sounds like u have the same set up. It’s a nice house and co siste fly updated.

Thank u—I needed that.

Honestly, I think that you sometimes just like finding things to pick on, out of context in a paragraph. Perhaps you might help me understand why my thoughts to her question and situation are directed to you?

As a business, it is very simple. More guests = charge more. One rate for 1-2 people then “plus $ for every additional guest”. It is a house. Take a proper BR for 1-2, and be able to rent to parties of 3/4 (or more) with the usual downstairs: pull-out sofa, blow-up mattress, folding cot/single, etc).

Sorry? Not following this.

Yes mine does, but the OP can list as a studio since they are not offering a bedroom. Calling it a one bedroom would be wrong, studio seems to fit. The upstairs bathroom needs to be well disclosed. If I arrived and realized I would have to trek upstairs to use the bathroom and it was not disclosed I would not like it.

RR

This particular listing looks favorable for a party pad for locals. They need common space and they get a living room, family room, kitchen, and outdoor space. They can go home to sleep. At a party no one is concerned about the loo being upstairs.

If the guests stay here without you then it is an Entire Place. That is how Airbnb defines it.

Does this room, the “family room” with the bed have a door that shuts it off from the rest of the house? If it has a door, I don’t think there is any problem calling this a 1-bedroom. If the room can be closed off and has a bed, then it is a bedroom (it doesn’t matter that it’s called a family room when you are living there).

If there is no door and the family room is open to the other rooms, you might consider calling it a studio. You might even list it as a 1-bedroom, as it does have a room with a bed as well as other rooms, but then be clear in your description that the bedroom doesn’t close off to the rest of the rooms. Since it is only one bed in the whole listing, it doesn’t seem like it should matter too much but make sure to mention it clearly anyway.

Make sure to mention that it is part of a larger home with some rooms locked-off too and that the bathroom is upstairs - some people will want to know these things.

If you aren’t staying there at the same time as the guests, then it is definitely an “Entire Place”. If it doesn’t share walls with another structure, then it is a “house”. If it shares walls then it is “an apartment”. You could also call it a “guest suite” because that is kind of what you are creating; however, a guest suite doesn’t always have a full kitchen so house or apartment is probably better. At the very least you have “an entire place” that is a “studio” “apartment” but could be a “1-bedroom” “apartment” or a “guest suite”.

Then it is an “entire place”.