What do you provide for babies/infants in your listing?

Actually, you can charge for them if it’s in your house rules. You know I can provide a screenshot if need be ,)

I had a guest who had booked 2 months ahead of time and who contacted with numerous questions/requests in the couple of weeks before check-in (there was a lot of communication), message me 28 hours prior to their trip that she also had an infant that “she had forgotten about”. What?? I called it in and they cancelled her for me, penalty-free.

1 Like

I have the same sympathy for people who forget things that you have for men who pee all around the toilet. :wink:

When I was young and had a good memory I used to be so skeptical of people who couldn’t remember certain things. Then I became a teacher and the incredulity continued. “I just told you/you just read it/you just worked on map about it, etc.” Then one day I couldn’t remember something I’d knew I should know. Over a period of years I became more understanding of how we can’t control what is in our brain. Anyhow, food for thought. Cancel for a bunch of reasons but just keep in mind that many people have “bad memories.”

1 Like

Mothers don’t forget they have babies.

I guess the occasional mother does forget for a few hours and leaves a baby in a car to die of heatstroke but I don’t want that mother staying in my house. Would you?

This woman did not forget she had an infant for a whole 2 months before arrival. Before she told me about the baby I knew every detail about her, her husband, her in-laws and her dog and all of their very specific and indvidual needs. She drove me crazy asking for stuff for herself and her family members. She did not forget that she had an infant.

I guess I wasn’t clear in my post. She was young and a plastic surgeon. She waited until the last minute to tell me because she knew we don’t take babies or kids. She was an a**hole the way she did tell me. It was 100% evident that she didn’t actually forget that she had an infant and she threw it in my face the day before arrival. She said some pretty cocky things and some weird stuff too (wanted to know if they should put the dirty diapers out in the yard where the dog will be leaving his “dirtiness” is what she called it). She was super-confident that she was going to force me into having her baby in my house but when I called it in, the CS agent all but said, “what a crazy bitch” and cancelled it.

She wrote me a rude and crazy message after getting cancelled. She was indignant and said, “I knew I shouldn’t have told you before we got there”.

This is not a memory issue. This was manipulative behaviour. Possibly a personality disorder but not a memory issue. It’s insulting to people with memory issues.

You’re kidding right? I train other medical professionals to work with dementia patients and design and implement memory-care units. I really thought you knew that.

1 Like

Yes, that’s a different story and possibly

Which most people don’t categorize as being in the same category as physical ailments.

Every single post here is to everyone reading not just the person quoted. I really thought you knew that.

I hope anyone reading here will take into consideration the whole person when they are cancelling or reviewing or whatever.

1 Like

Sounds like I would have cancelled her too, and I am happy to take babies! You dodged a bullet there.

2 Likes

My point is that I would, more than most, be able to discern if this person had a memory issue. But actually, she was so transparent that anyone reading her messages could tell that she doesn’t have memory issue but that she was dishonest. She basically admitted to being dishonest. She never claimed to have a memory problem - you fabricated that. She said “oops, I forgot”. She didn’t say that she forgot to tell me about the baby. She said, “oops, I forgot that I have a baby”.

I can’t imagine that when your students didn’t turn in homework on time or finish their research papers - and they said “I forgot”, that you just assumed they had a memory problem and excused them.

I really think you misunderstood my initial post. It was about a dishonest person, not a person with memory dysfunction.

I hope that anyone reading this will take dishonesty into consideration before booking their guests.

3 Likes

Why not just add the additional guest fee and keep the reservation or do you not allow infants and/or that extra number of person?

Edited after reading your next post about the manipulative immature dishonest behavior! Good riddance!!! You handled it perfectly then! Aunt you could have said (not really) not only can you put the poppy diapers outside, that is where you and your baby can stay and sleep! So glad you were able to cancel before the 24 hour period where she could review you!!! It’s those that are within the window (as many of mine are) that are my big bugaboo.

1 Like

We don’t allow infants and she said a couple of things that revealed she knew that. We are pet friendly and she also had a big dog she was bringing (with my approval). She was at max occupancy with 4 adults and a big dog - she knew we weren’t infant/kid friendly but was probably having a hard time finding a reasonable price for 4 adults, a large dog and an infant as it was the busy season.

She thought she’d just drop it on me at the last minute and make me take her infant - this was clear in her communication. Her note about “forgetting that she had a baby” was truly bizarre. Even if we could accommodate babies, her message was so nutty, I wouldn’t have wanted her in the house. She also said something, like, “I can see that you don’t provide a crib since you don’t usually accept children. I hope my baby doesn’t roll off the bed in the middle of the night”.

Her final note to me, after she was cancelled, included, “I am shocked you were able to cancel us. I am disappointed that you would reject my baby. I shouldn’t have told you we were bringing him”. Scary scary guest.

1 Like

She probably would have left you a bad review for all the problems not suitable for a baby even though you don’t allow them and she thought she could get in anyways!!! Definitely dodged a bullet there. Too bad you couldn’t review her but I think she is so obvious that most (at least semi-experienced) self respecting hosts would figure out her game quickly anyways…

1 Like

Two things I can always count on when I get little kids of that age: Smeary handprints on glass surfaces and crumbs EVERYWHERE. They will happen anyway, but I’m not sure I’d want to encourage them by supplying goldfish and animal crackers.

2 Likes

I have hardwood floors and a Roomba :grin: crumbs don’t bother me.

1 Like

Having to scrape toddler shit off the wall was the tipping point for us. No children under age of twelve on BDC and not suitable for children and infants on Airbnb.

Love kids, even have a couple, but it’s the parents that are the issue here really.

JF

2 Likes

Better that than finding yourself back on the pavement at check in time!

JF

2 Likes