What do you give guests for extra bedding if cold?

Personally, I would never sleep over or under something electric. But if your guests love it, I guess that’s what matters.

I bought everything except comforters from Pendleton Blankets and Bedding For Every Home | Pendleton.

Comforters I save for deep winter. I have one down comforter, one synthetic down, and I wash and dry both at home in my huge machines. (I can also take them to the cleaners.) A clean one for every guest. I do not use duvets because I just don’t like how they look.

We use synthetic blankets that dry quickly on our beds with a heavier duvet on a quilt rack in each room. I hate duvets, but they satisfy our need to launder everything that might come in touch with our guests. I have one comforter with two cotton duvet covers for each bed. I used to struggle to get them to lie flat after securing the edges and turning the duvet inside out. My husband developed a foolproof method for holding onto one edge and hanging the whole thing over the balcony where it falls neatly into place.

We also provide a heated mattress pad. The guests love it and often highlight it in their reviews.

1 Like

@Bosty64
So we use micro-fleece (polyester fleece I guess you call it) and they are hands down the warmest thing ever. Wool is expensive, not as warm and difficult to launder.
At the start of winter we put the blankets on top

Then we added in flannelette sheets (perhaps you call these “brushed cotton”?) but with a twist, we do one flanno and one regular cotton, so you don’t overheat. Those microfleece blankets are incredible.

In the middle of winter we put the fleece under the doona, and added a decorate lightweight cotton throw to finish off the look.

2 Likes

When we book an Airbnb, I always ask what the bedding is. If it’s not all cotton, I can’t stay there.

And feathers make me sneeze, so no down comforters, which are light and washable with care, unfortunately.
Do you use natural fiber pillows also?

Yes. Cotton pillows.

I know what it’s like to try to sleep with bedding I’m allergic to. I don’t want to inflict that on any guests!

While my guest room has a feather pillow, and a synthetic one, aswell as a feather throw pillow, (with 100% cotton pillow cases), if a guest told me they were allergic to feathers, I have spare synthetic pillows I could offer and would remove the feather ones.

Do you wash the jacquard cover after each guest? If it’s what I’m thinking Of - like a bedcover - that would take up my whole machine, if it even fit in there. And I could be needing to wash several in a week and/ or multiple in one day. Drying would be very difficult for me too. Your machines are probably bigger, and maybe you don’t need to wash as many in one household? There are some nice bedcovers though.

I’ve found these blankets … quite hard to tell from the photos but they look easier to wash then most else I’ve seen. Something about 450g weight. I don’t think I’ve ever used a cotton blanket, other than on babies in the Summer! There’s a lot of different types it seems and many seem too flimsy, difficult

to dry, easy to catch, too thin. I reckon I might give these a go?

Yes, we wash the jacquard coverlet after each guest. It’s 100% cotton.

Our cotton blankets are textured. The heavier textured blanket is thicker. You can’t see through it at all. From Amazon: Amazon.com

The lighter cotton blanket is thinner, more like summer weight. You can see through the weave a bit. From Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C4J5UNW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The coverlet is sometimes called jacquard and sometimes matelasse. Coverlet from Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/Laura-Ashley-Felicity-Quilt-Breeze/dp/B013LU5E4W/ref=sr_1_11?crid=11OAN9N71RM0I&keywords=cotton+matelasse+coverlet+queen+white&qid=1664656658&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIyLjE3IiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&refinements=p_n_feature_three_browse-bin%3A10671099011&rnid=10671098011&s=bedbath&sprefix=cotton+matelasse+coverlet+queen+white%2Caps%2C279&sr=1-11&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840

We get all bedding from Amazon.

This must be quite challenging to live with. What about clothes? Underwear has synthetic fibres, activewear? Swimwear?

1 Like

Everything is cotton. It is a challenge, especially finding cotton clothing. I can tolerate a small percentage of spandex or a few others. I know that 8% works.