What do you call the cleaning-part in correct English?

We offer cleaning as part of the rental price. I call it “end of stay cleaning”. But what is it called in correct English terms?

Exact vocabulary doesn’t matter much on Airbnb since guests all have varying vocabulary levels and may assign slightly different meanings to words. End of stay cleaning pretty much says it. Before guests leave, be sure that they know what this means. They should still be expected to wash their dishes, remove their food and, in some rentals, put the trash in a designated space.

2 Likes

Well, if you as an English speaking person think its fine, I guess I wont have to find a better phrasing :slight_smile:

I call it an “exit clean”.

3 Likes

What are you trying to explain?

If you don’t charge a cleaning fee (include it in the nightly rate), you don’t need to say anything at all, although “No cleaning fee” will make it clear.

2 Likes

Cleaning is included in the price - you cant choose not to have it - you cant clean the house yourself to safe money. I just need to explain that cleaning after their stay is included in the price. “End of stay cleaning” is just something I came up with (more or less directly translated from af word we use in Denmark for that kind of service). I was just wondering it there was a more correct term.

I think that “end of stay cleaning” is correct. I have also see hosts use “check out cleaning” but I think your phrase seems more professional.

maybe “Turnover Fee” or Turnover “something’”?

I’m a little confused by this. I clean my own rental and do not charge a fee. When they go to book guests can see if there’s a cleaning fee.

I don’t say anything in my listing.

Do you get a lot of guests who think or ask if they can clean it themselves to save money? That sounds rather strange. All you have to say is “No cleaning fee” or nothing. I also don’t charge a separate cleaning fee,and I have never seen a need to say anything about it. Guests can see there isn’t a cleaning fee on their booking.

I’d love to help with the correct English (being English :slight_smile: ) but I’m not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean the clean-up that you expect the guest to do prior to checkout?

Or a mid-stay clean to change the linens? Or the fee to prepare the rental for the guests?

2 Likes