What are the best ways to get rid of smoke smell inside the room?

@Rapunzel so i actually bought one similar to one you sent me the link last year and the capacity is not enough for my 20 square feet room - it doesn’t smell any better after it worked for a while, so is probably have to be one of those 1500$ monsters you used in hotel :frowning:

If it helps you at all (going forward), in my rules, I have stated, No smoking, if anyone smokes in the unit or anywhere on the property, there will be a $200 fee per day.

I will credit this fellow for some pretty good and succinct rules ideas (below). As a long-time landlord, I was used to writing long and wordy leases with long addendums with rules written in, but here on Airbnb they need to be fast and to the point.
Helpful Youtube video regarding Airbnb rules

1 Like

@Rapunzel i was thinking about putting smoking fee long time, but i dont think there is a way to collect it, as i dont believe airbnb will cover something like that. What is your idea about?

I believe it enough to give it a shot in my rules. It’s enough of a deterrent I think, for most guests not to test it. I think even if Airbnb doesn’t enforce it, guests may THINK they will, and just not smoke in the room (here is me giving a shrug–). I actually have no idea if Airbnb will enforce it or not ?? But I do also have a $500 security deposit so perhaps. I also have many no smoking signs posted (I own an apartment building so I have signs out already). If they do smoke on the balcony, which I hope they won’t, but if they do, that is not nearly so bad as inside, but that is also posted. I wonder if this helps, but in my state, it is also against the law to smoke anywhere in public. Of course, my property is not in public, but it is just one more posted property.

1 Like

@Rapunzel You might find this info useful: Airbnb dont actually charge a security deposit from сс/dc anymore - they just tell this amount might be charged for damages.
I also have a small apartment building - last 5 years i had a lot of beef with airbnb because i used to charge long term guests for electricity. So i have a clear description of a charge in my house rules (and there is no other rules so guest cant miss it). So what airbnb told me during 10-12 resolution requests last 5 years is that they will help me to collect the charge but if guest refuses to pay they wont cover it.

With this recent smoking guest, we discussed above now, situation is: he tells he didnt smoke in the room and didnt even stay in the room - so i would see how airbnb will handle that. So i started hesitating like if there is no signs of ashes inside the room: like guest smokes in the room and throw cigarettes to the window i cant really prove in anyway.

But yea you are absolutely right it is more of psychology if they think they will be charged for smoking inside they wont feel so lazy to walk 30 seconds to the balcony or outdoors for a smoke break.

Whoa. There’s smoking, and then there’s willful damage. Near as I can tell, this is a repaint, new mattress, and from what I can see, plastering.