Welcome to AirHostsForum.com!

We are a community of AirBnb hosts. This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts!

Wet behind the ears

Hi all been lurking around awhile, soaking up ALL the wisdom, the good the bad and the ugly. I went live with my space a few months ago. It’s been going good overall. Had one ugly experience with smart pricing, learned that lesson really quick. I get quite a few inquiries for longer stays, they always want a huge discount, so much so I have started directing them to the local homeless shelter (jk). Anyway I appreciate all the advice I have gleaned from this forum and I thank all wjo participate. My listing is “Comfortable clean relaxing apartment” in Albion Michigan.

I had the same issue when I started. I ONLY got lowballs. The full home is listed for around $130 on average and most of them wanted an average of $20-30 per night for the whole home. Those people all went away. A few wanted $100 for a full 7 days.

I sometimes refer to this forum as the Airbnb Hosts’ University :slight_smile:

Thankfully I never used smart pricing, but I did add a weekly discount at AirBnB’s recommendation. My first guests (who were also my worst guests) stayed for 3 weeks at about $35 a night. Now I charge $80-150 a night depending on the season, and I’m attracting much better guests. Live and learn and no more weekly discounts! During that three weeks of awfulness, I joined this forum and they helped me get everything sorted out.

Often, guests who want to pay the least are the guests you want the least.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!