Well this is a first. Guest cancels on check-in on holiday weekend

Fortunately she made the threat in writing. It’s in her Resolution center request for full refund, which is what muddies the waters. I know they’ll delete a review for mentioning an Airbnb investigation. Do you think it’s okay so long as I don’t mention Air’s decision? (Airbnb upheld me in not refunding her. I know I have to leave that out.)

@CeeBee, that’s the only reason for mentioning her profession. She was trying to intimidate me into fully refunding her by making mention of her Attorney-ness.

How about this. It makes the extortion more clear, but hopefully not stepping on the toes of the Air investigation…

In 5 years of hosting this is the 4th group we wouldn’t welcome back. Laura cancelled her visit upon arrival as she found the place misrepresented and run-down. This was a surprising first for us, as we put great care into hosting, borne out by our reviews. Each of her complaints was related to something clearly described in our listing, which she apparently failed to read. One of her chief issues would’ve been resolved with a short conversation, but she cancelled immediately, mentioning she’s an attorney and that she wouldn’t leave a bad review or cause “further problems” if we fully refunded her Labor Day weekend stay. I can’t recommend this guest to fellow hosts.

Communication: 1 (failed to read/comprehend/discuss)
House Rules: 3 (left gate open)
Cleanliness: 5 (left the place in fine shape)

1 Like

Only thing I’d change: “felt the place was” for “found the place”. (Found sounds more factual, while felt makes it more about her perception, if that makes sense.)

Other than that, I think it’s an excellent review.

4 Likes

not “found” as that presupposes it is run down;

Laura cancelled her visit upon arrival, using the excuse that the place was misrepresented and run-down.

4 Likes

@casailinglady Agreed! She “claimed” or “stated” but didn’t find/found it run down.

3 Likes

This, exactly! Mutual trust is key!

1 Like