Week+ stay, changing sheets?

I guess I don’t understand the point of your complaints?

As a host, you would know that STR’s are primarily self-catering units. Some hosts go the extra mile and provide hotel-like services such as periodic housecleaning, towel and linen exchange, meals, etc., but probably most do not.

If I were 10 days into a stay and hadn’t received any laundry service or seen mention of it in the listing or elsewhere, I would have asked about it ~ not assume they operated the same way as another rental. More so if I was in a different culture with language barriers involved, I would want to clarify everything so I know what to expect.

I would look upon it as a lesson learned.

3 Likes

I have guests in for ten days. I don’t have laundry for guests. When I showed them in, I mentioned I could give fresh linens halfway through and towels as well. About halfway I checked in with them and they said they only needed towels. More often than not, the guests don’t take me up on the fresh linens. I did have a guest stay over the summer and rake me over the coals because I didn’t provide daily maid service. WTH.

You really can’t win, can you? I had one ghastly woman moan that I didn’t make their beds etc while they were out, yet when I then checked this out with other (helpful…) guests, they were adamant that they wouldn’t want hosts going into their rooms. So I stick with this on principle. If someone is here for longer than a week, I tell them when I will change their linen.

I tell every guest’s who stays 2 weeks or more that I offer cleaning and change of sheets.
90% say no. Each room
Has closet with extra linens and towels and they wash it themselves. I only clean bathroom. Sometimes usually when it’s a single man he doesn’t mind room
To be cleaned. With 3 of my long term single male guests I insisted to clean their room because they were messy. I could see by condition of their bathrooms how messy they are.
Of course for me it’s better to have someone super clean and clean himself. Now I have an exceptionally clean gentleman who keeps everything sparkly clean. He even cleans on a kitchen while not cooking at all. Butvwhen he is warming up he cleans whatever he sees out of order. He even climbed outside his window on a roof to wash his windows.

2 Likes

Does that guy want to come to Hawaii? :joy:

I know …he is every host’s dream. Very polite keeps to himself but ready to talk when involved in conversation, good manners, his job pays for him to me directly … just normal person

Yes, every guest seems to have a different preference about the host and cleaning and the entering of the quarters.
I worked with a cynical guy who used to love to say “No good deed goes unpunished!”
Jayne

How fitting; I like that!

I have 2 guests for 7 nights and after second night they ask new sheets and the used one they put in the washing mashine without inform me, on very high temperature and they mixed collor of the fabric,despite the whiten on the fabric the correct degrees that should been used. For 24 hours i provide them 12 towels and they still demands things that wasnt whriten on airbnb.