Washing duvet covers between every guest?

Lol no sorry wrong word. I get the insert thingies from Ikea. They’re the fluffy ones…but they are made with some fabric that is really easy to slip into the duvet cover.

I also like Ikea becayse they have a system that’s really easy to make sense of with their duvet inserts. I chose a light-medium weight one. Easy peasy. Their stuff is so practical.

1 Like

So many people here saying they wash anything that comes into contact with skin. Seriously?

What about sofa cushions? After-all, humans are gross and will pick their boogers while sitting on the sofa. lol

Do you shampoo the carpet between each guest? Of course not. Yet there are billions of dean skin cells in the carpet that the vacuum leaves behind.

God only knows what else is lingering on your sofa cushions and carpet…

:scream:

1 Like

Yes, I launder the sofa cushions after every guest.

I know you’re joking.

No. Why do you think that?

There is virtually no way to tell what’s been washed and what hasn’t, what has come into contact with skin and what hasn’t. Some people have sex on the upholstery, carpet and rugs, and up against the wall. But most people don’t wash every single thing in their home between guests. For an entire place there could be weeks worth of cleaning if they did. I get mostly single night bookings at a rate of $29-49. This thread and others convinced me convert to duvets, quilts and light bedcovers that could easily be washed between guests. If I were a high dollar rental there are additional things I could do but as it is I have 99% 5 star on cleanliness. The two 4 stars were for when they didn’t have their own entrance and private ensuite bathroom. If I don’t wash the mattress pad, the rugs and and shampoo the carpet every day I guess I’ll be ok.

1 Like

I suspect that people say they wash everything that’s come into contact with skin… they are referring to faces and possibly genitals :wink:

No, I don’t wash the rugs or the sofa cushions every time. But it’s very common to pull the duvet up onto your lower face / neck / chin - sheet or no sheet - so imo we are talking about a hygiene issue regardless of the owner’s intention on how the bed is “supposed” to be slept in.

And my question is… are you happy with guests putting that against their faces when it was perhaps in contact with the face or nether region of the previous guest? I am a little bit gobsmacked that the response from some seems to be “yes”. Might as well not bother to wash towels, save a bit of effort hey? :wink:

3 Likes

Some, no most, people here need to get a sense of humor. Geez!

4 Likes

maybe because it’s ridiculous.

This whole conversation has become completely stupid.

For those of you who are the people saying “yuck” to coming into contact with anything that has ever come into contact with another human’s skin - good luck living in the world and I hope to goodness you never go to to hotel at any price point because they are not doing this much laundry.

Not to mention theater seats, restaurants, public transport, taxis, museums, basically, you need to stay in your house and wear kleenex boxes for slippers.

My father was a high-end chef for much of his professional life. The stuff that goes on in five star restaurants would curl your toes in revulsion - don’t believe me? Find someone who works in one and ask them or read Anthony Bourdain’s first book.

Look, you pack of princesses, raising the ante on the bed cleaning olympics is only making you look like the ninnies you are. Hotels spend 20 minutes per room on their cleaning routines. Never more than that and often less.

I spend two hours between guests and all of my guests get clean sheets. If that’s a problem - well, stay home in your bubble, I don’t want you in my house anyhow.

4 Likes

What is? Cleaning things that are dirty? Maybe that’s ridiculous in your world but not in mine.

1 Like

You are ridiculous. Nobody is suggesting you don’t clean things.

Maybe you need to get out for a walk or something but you’re raving like a complete OCD germaphobe with a full blown psychosis.

1 Like

What on earth are you talking about?

times I wish there was a “block” button.

I replied to a specific comment. Please stop talking to me now.

My reply, Jaquo, was on a comment talking about quadruple sheeting and changing furniture. If that’s not your comment, then my reply on that comment was not directed toward you.

If that was your comment - yes, I think that’s excessive to the point of madness.

I have no idea what the former is and I recall no conversation in this thread about changing furniture - from anyone. And yes, your reply was directed at me.

This is a quote from you.

And it is ridiculous.

So stop acting baffled. I think the idea that you’re putting out there, that only your standards are high enough and the rest of us are shocking slobs, is offensive.

And I am frankly, tired of seeing it pop up in the digest I receive weekly.

1 Like

lol. kudos for trying, but i think trying to engage SB in a rational convo is a lost cause.

6 Likes

I think you’re right :slight_smile:
So far, I’ve been ‘ridiculous’, ‘offensive’ - oh, and I’m also ’ raving like a complete OCD germaphobe with a full blown psychosis.’

@Stephanie_Borns also believes that it’s ‘ridiculous’ that I wash cushion covers that have been on the floor or used as a headrest (as witnessed by the hairs on them) or have lipstick traces or smell strongly of perfume or whatever. Yes, guests would love to snuggle up with those.

2 Likes