Warning! Don't depend on Airbnb!

I think we just had a miscommunication. I read your companies offer as rescuing us from Airbnb, not as a post on diversification of income. I don’t have a vacation rental. I have a room that people stay at while passing through or occasionally they are here for work. About 5% of my guests are tourists. The additional services that I have ever offered like renting out my spare vehicle I was able to arrange all on my own.

Anyway, carry on.

You are not offering me a service I am interested in. I don’t live in a tourist area and you wishing it was will not make it so.

That sounds horrible, really.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine earning enough from renting a spare bedroom to buy a second home. My annual AirBnB income is nice, but it doesn’t even pay the mortgage on my home.

2 Likes

My answer is NO.

I’m sorry you mistook my kindness for weakness.

5 Likes

I’m retiring from hosting soon, but I am skeptical that another platform will bring in more than $100 a night peak season, when I live in a city that is over-saturated with $50 rooms.

Oh! But if only you offered Ski packages and tours of the EMP Museum! You would never have to work again.

1 Like

And let guests rent my 20-year-old grandma car with the salvage title!

1 Like

My competitors charge $50 a night, but I’m at capacity during peak season with a base rate of $100 a night. Guests see my good reviews and what I offer, and are happy to pay more. I can’t imagine guests on another platform being willing to pay more than my AirBnB guests are, when they can return to AirBnB for plenty of cheap offerings.

Listen “Johnny”-- your posts are bordering on harassment now. Please stop. If you have something to sell, post it in the vendor area. Don’t come butt in on genuine host discussions promising the moon, stars and then some, making it all sound like a breeze, like the promised land has arrived… You may or may not be a host yourself? I tend to think not. If you were, you’d know that hosting one place (room, apt. or home) on Air is a helluva a lot of work. Most of us are not interested in being tour guides, offering rides and doing even more work for an already pretty low payout.

3 Likes

You think? Why don’t you go re-read your posts on this thread. A bit spammy. And pushy, especially after hosts have asked you to stop. And BTW, commercial posts are not allowed here. Take it to the vendor area.

Are hosts covered by insurance when offering these “experiences”? This is missing on Airbnb at the moment.

Sorry Kona I just read your post about him taking it to the vendor area. That’s a good idea. @Johnny you can DM me with your answer. I am only curious anyway.

Jeeze it must be a spammy vendor free for all today!

2 Likes

Oh, give me a break – you joined four days ago and ALL of your posts promote Johnny’s product (we can see all of your posts in your history with two clicks). We weren’t born on a turnip truck last night! :expressionless:

2 Likes

Speak for yourself Sandy. LoL

(see pm)

1 Like

You are most certainly spamming my friend. Getting mad at me and throwing insults my way is not going to change the fact that you just joined here four days ago and immediately began spamming. May I refer you to community guidelines.

"You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:

Name-calling.
Ad hominem attacks.
Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
Knee-jerk contradiction."

Among others. Please behave.

1 Like

LOL! It sounds like just one host to another. Doesn’t it?!

1 Like

Kona is a veteran host and veteran on this board. We won’t take insulting her lightly.

2 Likes

Too bad this nice thread got destroyed by 2 spammers.

Can someone clean it up?

2 Likes

Last I remember in this thread was my warm bantering with Sandy; then wham, I now find myself entering what appears to be a sales bazaar.

So, as a direct reaction to the ridiculous suggestions of the last 20 posts, like @KKC adding kayaking and wind surfing to his scene, I did some bigger thinking myself: I am contemplating turning the island into ‘Fantasy Island’, where any of your wildest dreams can be fulfilled. So far, I only have have on my list @SandyToes’ wish about the nude young butler; it is a start, but need more ideas.

(If that doesn’t change the direction of this thread, which took a most boring turn, nothing will)

3 Likes