Wardrobe lock - sliding doors - tips?

Hi there, I have a ikea PAX wardrobe with sliding doors for which I would like to find a lock to protect my belongings when I host guests. Anyone has tips?
Thank you!

A nice looking hasp and a padlock should work just fine. You can find them at any Hardware store (Ace etc) or Big Box (Home Despot, Lowest).

Hi Laura

If you find suitable ones would you let me know?

That would be great please do.

1 Like

IKEA hacks has a few ideas:

2 Likes

Thank you! This is actually what I think I’ll end doing, at both sides of the wardrobe, although I was hoping to find a “technology” to avoid making holes in my closet and just block the doors together :slight_smile:

I added a photo of my wardrobe, I think it is similar to yours?

Sure! I will investigate this week-end and let you know!

If you have something that’s valuable or something can’t even be replaced. I always think the host should not leave them in the rental places. Just rent a small storage unit to store your own stuff. So many times that happened, hosts lost 20+k worth of personal stuff. Why even leave such valuable stuff in a rental to start with? Doesn’t make any sense.

1 Like

Sometimes the solution is closer to the problem than we think! It took me a week to figure this out, but we have a very easy and cheap Ikea option. I hope this helps many of you!! Best Laura

1 Like

Hi This is my first time replying to a post as I am a newbie. We used a window lock as they have a long pin and installed one at the bottom and top. We also put a small sign on the door not to be opened. Private - please do not open. So far no attempts to open by guests. Hope that helps.

Found a way to do what OP is asking. Took me 1-2 hours of online nothingness, and Ace Hardware treasure hunting. Get a basic door hinge. Mount on the inner door with bolts all the way through - not screw, but socket bolts so no thief with screwdriver can easily undo. The swinging part of the hinge will accept a standard combo lock. That lock will act as the “stop” between doors. See pics. I attached a little key ring to help pull it out when you attach the lock.

1 Like

I have a wardrobe Sino Venge from DAKO Furniture and I just added two padlocks on the sides. It’s attached to the handle and side of the wardrobe. :slight_smile: