Villa in Tuscany on airbnb but no booking request

I have a villa located in Tuscany https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/9775728 , i rent this place from 12 years, thanks to agencies and booking with other web sites we are almost always managed to have fully booked.
Last year I tried to add also Airbnb but I received only two requests (1 accepted), although rents well with other holiday websites work well but i do not understand why Airbnb don’t work well. Probably something I’m wrong. The villa is no well positioned in Airbnb, the conditions are the same as other sites (only rent from Saturday to Saturday, minimum 1 week and the prices are low for the service) Perhaps airbnb it is not suitable for holiday homes or villas with private pool?

1 Like

That is a beautiful listing, @GinaF! If our family changes our plans from Scotland to Tuscany, we will book with you!

It may be that Airbnb guests are accustomed to shorter stays. That’s my guess. I rarely have someone stay with me for more than 3 nights.

Now that is a lovely place to be sure! And the fee seems very competitive. As I reviewed your listing, I would have many questions about the kitchen. It is very hard to tell how well equipped it is with coffee grinders/makers, cooking utensils etc, however, i don’t think a listing should include all of that information. Instead, it would be my preference to have a message exchange with those types of questions.

I wonder if your somewhat remote location isn’t what the typical AirBNB guest is looking for? you might want to consider adding information about where is the closest airport, how long will it take by car to get to the home from the airport, is there a weekly or semi-weekly market nearby, and how far is the closest supermarket. In a location such as this, I would imagine shopping for food at market and then creating a meal for my family.

On a totally different topic, since reviewing her listing, all of my AirBNB menu items are in Italian. Kind of cool!

Well the dates are either blocked off or booked till October. Looks remote is it?

That is a beautiful listing, @GinaF! If our family changes our plans from Scotland to Tuscany, we will book with you!

Grazie

It may be that Airbnb guests are accustomed to shorter stays.
That’s my guess. I rarely have someone stay with me for more than 3
nights.

I understand, but I thought airbnb was also visited by people who want to make longer holidays. Perhaps it is not so.

Now that is a lovely place to be sure! And the fee seems very
competitive. As I reviewed your listing, I would have many questions
about the kitchen. It is very hard to tell how well equipped it is with
coffee grinders/makers, cooking utensils etc, however, i don’t think a
listing should include all of that information. Instead, it would be my
preference to have a message exchange with those types of questions.

I wonder if your somewhat remote location isn’t what the typical
AirBNB guest is looking for? you might want to consider adding
information about where is the closest airport, how long will it take by
car to get to the home from the airport, is there a weekly or
semi-weekly market nearby, and how far is the closest supermarket. In a
location such as this, I would imagine shopping for food at market and
then creating a meal for my family.

On a totally different topic, since reviewing her listing, all of my AirBNB menu items are in Italian. Kind of cool!

Thank you, even if the products that are in the kitchen were written so by airbnb (I’ve only selected the boxes). I will try to follow your advice about the market . although I believe i have wrote the market distance in a section of the listing .

Well the dates are either blocked off or booked till October. Looks remote is it?

They now are booked , but not because of airbnb (in the past months it was not so).

So, viewing from the USA, I get your short description twice, and no long description with information about markets, etc. here is a screen shot of what I see here.

In Europe, I fully expect to have to rent a home for a week minimum. Very common, so I wouldn’t worry about that.

Hope that helps.

I think that families who normally take a whole villa for their holiday have always been well served by the traditional holiday rental sites and perhaps don’t think that Airbnb will suit them. I do think that in Europe generally (we are in Spain) Airbnb tends to be used by couples rather than families who want a whole villa. That’s been our experience anyway. Most of our guests stay between 5 and 10 days.

Totally gorgeous place, though! If we weren’t going to Cape Town in October I’d book it for sure. I’m putting it on my Wish List for next year …

indeed beautiful listing! I Would love to stay there - I agree it needs more info - of course the photos speak for themselves, but I enjoy listing that give me lots of info on the house, its use, the surroundings, access to closest town/market…a listing that helps me project myself there… otherwise I don’t see why it is not booked. good luck!

So, viewing from the USA, I get your short description twice, and no
long description with information about markets, etc. here is a screen
shot of what I see here.

In Europe, I fully expect to have to rent a home for a week minimum. Very common, so I wouldn’t worry about that.

Thank you for the advice, I added something in the english description of the villa.

I think that families who normally take a whole
villa for their holiday have always been well served by the traditional
holiday rental sites and perhaps don’t think that Airbnb will suit them.
I do think that in Europe generally (we are in Spain) Airbnb tends to
be used by couples rather than families who want a whole villa. That’s
been our experience anyway. Most of our guests stay between 5 and 10
days.

Totally gorgeous place, though! If we weren’t going to Cape Town in
October I’d book it for sure. I’m putting it on my Wish List for next
year …

Thank you, yes, still Airbnb contina to send messages suggesting to reduce the price and rent for shorter periods but this solution I think is valid for apartments, for other types of structures is perhaps not the most suitable site.

indeed beautiful listing! I Would love to stay there - I agree it needs
more info - of course the photos speak for themselves, but I enjoy
listing that give me lots of info on the house, its use, the
surroundings, access to closest town/market…a listing that helps me
project myself there… otherwise I don’t see why it is not booked. good
luck!

In fact the link I also wrote the distance from all the cities of Tuscany, maybe I’m wrong section.

for some reason the post at the top is no longer visible

It seems to have been “flagged”. I have no idea why.

AirBnB is not the channel most people would use to book a villa in Tuscany.

My experience is that AirBnB is mostly used for short stays less than a week.

My advice is to stick to the other sites and keep the 7 day minimum during high season, and if you want business in the low season, shorten your minimum stay in the slower months.

1 Like

I do not even know me, I do not understand these things.

Thank you, I think you’re right, it’s a pity though. There are villas from 600 Euros per night on airbnb, but I do not know if you really affittino through airbnb

I do not understand. What does price have to do with my answer?

Problems:

Not a true villa.
Not in Tuscany according to Google Maps.
Way off the beaten path.
Not likely to be of interest for more than a few days.

In Sweden, our place has been booked on air bnb for one-two weeks stays several time.

You are not hindered with any knowledge, are you?

According to european / Italian standards this is a villa.
It is right in the middle of Tuscany.
Nothing in Tuscany is “off the beaten path”, unless you are one of those tourists, only visiting the obvious, and avoiding anything that is not in their little lonely planet book.
Places like this are booked for a relaxing vacation, staying around the villa with family and friends. Not for a superficial race around Italy, getting as much marks as possible in your lonely planet guide.

That is the typical problem with AirBnB, I notice that most of my AirBnB guests are chasing marks, rather than having a nice vacation.

I think AirBnB has the wrong audience for a place like this.
You will have more success on site like this: https://www.belvilla.com/

2 Likes

I do not speak English well, I did not understand what Villa you mean.

This is a real Villa,
This villa is in tuscany “Centered”.
Close to Siena, Volterra, San Gimignano Monteriggioni.
From April to Mid-October is “fully booked” (and we rent only from saturday to saturday) but no thanks to Airbnb. At this point I think that Airbnb is the problem. Or i have configured the site not well.
Thank you to everyone for the many answers that you are giving

1 Like

Chris I had not read well your reply, I totally agree with you!