Vetting guests with no reviews

yep, totally agree…

1 Like

I would like a deserted private island with a swinging night life please. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Anything is possible. Imagine. :sunglasses:

My main issue if they read the rules, especially kitchen. Lately my guests do read the rules

1 Like

Amen, and amen. I have numerous anecdotes to back this up.

I say “Welcome! Thanks for booking!” Then I ask if they’ve noticed they have to pay taxes upon arrival, how they are arriving and when, and if they have any special diet issues. But as I’ve said, I haven’t had any shady characters wanting to rent from a mom who home schools three kids and works as a bookkeeper for her church…lol…

3 Likes

I’ve had a pineapple with sunglasses, some kind of marathon symbol, and a woman who looked all the bit like an ax murderer who was a fabulous guest…

2 Likes

I a flower, a pig, Pokemon, Union Jack and my favorite of all time, Algirian Coat of Arms (turned out to be a gorgeous Moroccan ‘goddess’ named Yasmina).

1 Like

Just got a booking exactly like this for Saturday. Lovely information exchange. She was so new that I had accepted her booking but she didn’t log in and then tried to book and thought the room was no longer available lol. I had to explain it was not available because she had booked it! Sent her a screen shot of her reservation by airs email.

And an upscale mall …

As long as it’s got a naked waiter, I’m in.

3 Likes

Today while I took my shower I had 4 (!!!) requests - and I though it would be slow from now on: 3/4 underlined some of my house rules in their messages: “I accept there’s no use of a kitchen, I don’t smoke…” etc. etc. They showed that they DID read the House Rules! Wow! And two of them are hosts themselves: I wonder if they’re in this forum:))!!! This is going to be interesting, in a good way I mean.
Some of the guests attend my former University and some are here for business.

2 Likes

You need to sprinkle some of that booking fairy dust on the rest of us! Our pool got expensive this summer due to the pump breaking and I need 3-4 bookings in the next few weeks to cover the expense! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will! I really thought that the guests that have booked already are “the last ones” for the season:)… But there are some conferences and local businesses / University near use that will apparently bring even more guests that our summertime.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m counting on too. I’m 5 minutes away from an office area with some small university extensions and I recently got my business badge. Come on weeknight bookings!

1 Like

I just got a booking from a couple attending their grandson’s freshman graduation at the nearby maritime college.

1 Like

Come on! Keep it coming for the whole autumn and winter also - please!

1 Like