Very slow bookings for 2017

When we started AirBnb in December 2015, we were more or less consistently booked for many months in advance. Since the start of this year, bookings have been very slow. I would usually never have 1 week go past without a booking in that week, however the next 8 weeks are now free on my property and I am unsure why.

I don’t believe price is an issue, we have instant book turned on (well only allowing those that have been recommended by hosts) and have not really changed a whole lot with our profile. Can anyone see anything wrong with our profile that would put you off?

We do have a 2 night minimum now, however we generally weren’t entertaining 1 night stays so I don’t think that is the issue. We have fantastic reviews too.

The only thing I can think of is that the market is getting flooded and that I am being lost in search results? Does anyone have any tips on what I can do to try and improve our conversion?

I think it looks awesome, but I’m totally new to this, and only recently listed 1 spare bedroom with other shared spaces in our house…

I’m on the other side of the world, but if I was in the area, I’d maybe go there. :slight_smile:

It looks beautiful!! I’d like to visit!

Multiple people have posted that it’s slow, it seems there were even some other Melbourne hosts with that complaint. Increased competition year over year seems like the obvious answer. Tons of nice apartments in the same price range were available on a quick search.

1 Like