[Updated JAN 2024] Tried and Recommended Products for Airbnb Hosts

Care instructions

There are many more YouTube’s on Norwex products.
Good luck!

1 Like

Hi… my husband usually goes all around the exterior of the house with Bug Barrier or Home Defense (whichever is on sale). it works rather well as long as you don’t have constant rains that wash it away. Usually when the Spring rains stop, that is the best time to get the bug barrier out

1 Like

Hi all, Love the idea if sharing on the “downside” of running a spic and span airbnb and thankyou…

but geez - the more the we send to Amazon the more we support a company that has ruined untold numbers of small businesses. Vote with your wallet.

I agree. I like to support small and local businesses. Yeah, it might cost me a couple of bucks more, but it’s a matter of the economic health of the community. I have never ordered anything from Amazon, myself.
I just read that Jeff Bezos has asked Whole Foods employees to shoulder the costs of their fellow workers pay if they have to take time off due to coronavirus. F’in billionaires.

Way to go! Need more people in the wold like you!

One of the only real complaints I have gotten is scents in the home. There are a lot of people that are sensitive, of have underlying conditions that are spurred by scents. I LOVE scents, my detergents have them, as do the candles I burn in my home. But after 3 complaints in a row about my linens being too fragrant, I have now switched to all clear detergents and fabric softeners, ivory body soaps and removed air fresheners from my two rentals. We clean with Mr. Clean and we have chose a scent that is light. I have a candle in the home that if a guest chooses to they can burn, in the south I use tropical scents (same with the hand soap) in the north (MN) I use cinnamon or baking scents. I use to go into one of my rentals and judge the cleaning by the “fresh” smell of cleaning products, not anymore, I try and have them smell clean yet not like any particular scent. Just a hint of bleach maybe… lol. What I took as clean and inviting, others took as overwhelming, and strong.

5 Likes

Hey Tom. Thank you for sharing these resources. I am new to the forum and have a few questions but can’t send direct messages yet. Would you mind messaging me directly please?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Tom,

I’m Pear from Thailand. I’m doing a master’s in Australia and I have to do a research about brand community of Airbnb. As I saw your profile as one of the most contributors in this forum, so I would really appreciate that if you could help me answer the questions below ^^

1. How long have you been as an Airbnb host?
  2. Why do you choose Airbnb to drive your business?
  3. How often do you participate in this community? (sharing ideas: post, comment)
  4. Do you feel responsible to other hosts’ problems? for example, you always give them the advice. Why?
  5. What do you like about Airbnb as being a host or guest? and this community?
  6. Do you think Airbnb fit with this hospitality or travelling field? Why or why not?

I’m looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you!! ^^

As everyone’s time is valuable, what hourly rate are you offering?

4 Likes

DIY Bleach Gel Recipe

Not sure if the pens are refillable but empty sauce/glue bottle works well.

¾ C water
¼ C cornstarch
5–8 Tbsp bleach
Empty glue/sauce bottle

Mix together cold water and cornstarch. Stir continually over medium to high heat until mixture thickens.Once your mixture is thick and pasty, let it cool.Stir in the bleach. The mixture will thin out depending on how much you add. The more bleach you add, the stronger your gel will be.For an easy way to transfer the bleach mixture into your glue bottle, use a resealable sandwich bag.

1 Like

Pop a couple of drops of peppermint oil on a cotton ball, place in ur vacuum barrel b4 vacuuming and voila - a gentle scent that repels pests will waft throughout your space. I also wipe a little on fly screens and air conditioner blades-light scent is emitted with the breeze or when air conditioner is turned on. Peppermint oil repels mice, ants and spiders :blush:

6 Likes

Any good upholstery / sofa cleaning products?

For extra guests I bought two of rollaway beds I keep in the garage for about $220 each. Look up " LUCID Rollaway Folding Guest Bed with 4 Inch Memory Foam Mattress" on Amazon.

2 tbsp liquid washing detergent
1/4 cup multi purpose cleaner
1 scoop oxiclean
1tsp fabric softener
750ml spray bottle
Combine all ingredients in spray bottle and fill with warm water

1 Like

I use Resolve and have been happy with results; recently …

• Removed suntan lotion from sunbrella fabric cushions
  • Picante sauce from beige sofa

Don’t know if you’re aware, but if you go to the sunbrella.com website, they have a list of stains and the recommended way to remove them from Sunbrella. You can also use bleach on Sunbrella without it affecting the color.
Also, if you have removable, washable Sunbrella covers, they can be thrown in the washing machine on a cool or tepid cycle, but you should never put Sunbrella in the dryer- it is treated against stains, mold and mildew, and fading, but high heat destroys those properties. The covers should be hung up to dry, which doesn’t take long, as the fabric doesn’t really absorb moisture.
I’ve been working almost exclusively with Sunbrella in my upholstery business for many years. It’s the only thing that lasts here in the tropics.

2 Likes

It’s truly Amazing. GREAT on upholstery as well. I’ve even used it to clean stubborn stains on sheets. I used to have to buy it from a professional janitorial supply store, but now they have it everywhere it seems.

1 Like

Nice try sunshine…

Zapped.

JF

1 Like

I love how we’re such a tough crowd! (Clanks chains hanging off motorcycle jacket menacingly.)

1 Like

Very nice product. Purchased it once. I will keep using it.