UPDATE- Yet another way for Airbnb to get Hosts to cancel under EC

That’s the good old Airbnb way. Penalized for being nice and agreeing to a guest cancelling, penalized for using the flexible policy, as per Airbnb urgings, making a host non-eligible for any of the 25% refunds, penalized by retaliation reviews for daring to insist a guest abides by your house rules, that they refuse to remove.

1 Like

I didn’t get the email; I have flexible policy.

I just got off the phone with Airbnb. THEY ARE NOT ASKING for any proof of “travel problems”. There are 40 flights the day they are supposed to come to my city in Georgia. We are NOT under stay at home orders. Some places are open and many more will be by June 11. So they CHOSE not to travel. I wish AIRBNB would just say “”EVERYONE GETS THEIR MONEY BACK” I appreciate HONESTY over lies from Airbnb. I knew it was garbage when I read it.

Really? Because you used to have to provide proof if you had a qualified travel issue.

Yes, the majority of people would choose not to travel now because it isn’t safe, regardless of what the govt. orders are where you live.

2 Likes

They actually do ask one of these:

1. Government restrictions prohibit me from leaving my location or going to destination

2. I am sick and my healthcare provider instructed me not to travel

3. My means of transportation have been cancelled or closed, making it impossible to travel

4. I am a healthcare professional required to work and cant travel

I would not travel there because of all that.

2 Likes