Untrue review can you help

https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/22775602?s=67&unique_share_id=fe53b2de-8bf6-42e4-b934-f585d74b3ffb

Can aanyone tell me how many 5 stars review i need to get back up to 5 after an untrue review was left

you wont ever get back to a full five…

1 Like

Why is that can you tell me

The actual rating can never be 5 stars, but it can display as 5 stars due to rounding. How many reviews that takes depends on what the overall rating was for that "untrue review’. It also depends on where you’re looking, because I think there are different pages on Airbnb’s website/app that display with 1 decimal place and 2 decimal places.

In order to round 1 decimal place to 5.0, the average needs to be 4.95 or higher.

19 5-star + 1 4-star = 4.95
39 5-star + 1 3-star = 4.95
59 5-star + 1 2-star = 4.95
79 5-star + 1 1-star = 4.95

In order to round 2 decimal places to 5.00, the average needs to be 4.995 or higher.

190 5-star + 1 4-star = 4.995
390 5-star + 1 3-star = 4.995
590 5-star + 1 2-star = 4.995
790 5-star + 1 1-star = 4.995

So, if you got just one 1-star review, your rating won’t display as 5.00 until you have 790 5-star reviews, and in that case, well, @Debthecat’s answer is correct.

5 Likes

I just took a peek at your listing and see “Don’t waste your time” sandwiched between two beautiful reviews. I really would not worry about that review. You have 279 really good reviews. As a guest, I would not even take into consideration that bad review. It’s obvious it was simply a bratty person that didn’t get their way.

3 Likes

Super nice place. Uncluttered, clean and I love the bathroom! Good job!!

1 Like

I couldn’t access your listing link before but I can see now that it says you have 281 reviews and a 4.94 overall rating. Unfortunately, since that rating is already rounded, it’s not possible to give an exact number, but I can give you a range. Note that based on the rating you currently have, it appears that it wasn’t a perfect 5.00 before you received one untrue review. The highest it could’ve been before a single 1-star is 4.95. Regardless, the number of reviews it will take to improve the displayed rating to 5.00 is significantly higher than what I previously calculated.

In order for your listing’s main page to show a rating that rounds up to a perfect 5.00, you would need to receive between 2810 and 3372 additional 5-star reviews without receiving any additional reviews that are less than 5 stars.

1 Like

You clearly do a great job. The feedback to the guest seems appropriate IMO.

I would not worry at all about it… One guest out of so many. I can’t imagine any potential guest caring about that one review.

1 Like

If you mean the ‘don’t waste your time’ comment, remember it’s just one person’s opinion and potential guests know that. So it’s not exactly untrue, it’s what that person thought for whatever reason. Either that or they were just weird. Either way, it shouldn’t matter.

1 Like

Yes one that was dealing drugs in my home and was removed

I’m glad Airbnb had your back and removed him. Your place is amazing! Beautifully decorated.

1 Like