Unfair review , do you think Airbnb will remove it?

Kracow was first on our list but we could never see the flights drop below 1400 from Kona.
As I have mentioned, we got out Kona to Helsinki flights for $465 RT!!!

Incredible! And that is why we could do the side trips. March, the equinox, is the perfect time to see the Northern Lights, which we did see one time in the Lapland. Gorgeous country!

The train systems in Europe are a great way to travel!

Sorry but I just wanted to say that this is the best sentence I’ve read all week :slight_smile:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Just curious…you say to keep the doors close due to bugs…so how did the chicken get upstairs with you and the wheelchair?
My musings include…
Some left the door open.
You have a smart chicken that can climb stairs.
Chicken flew through an open window.
Someone smuggled the chicken in.
The chicken has its own Airbnb account and you cancelled the booking and it wouldn’t go.
You have a lift…and the chicken know how to use it.
but lastly - a wheelchair upstairs!

6 Likes

Every time I’ve travelled to Paris I’ve done so by train from London St Pancras (with trackside champagne bar) rather than fly. It’s a great trip through the Normandy countryside. Even back in the day when there was no Channel Tunnel and it involved a ferry trip from Dover to Boulogne. When you arrive at Gare du Nord and alight from the train you can declare (as a friend’s young daughter did) “Bonjour Paris!”. But I agree that LAX (and JFK and DCA) are nightmares, especially if you aren’t an American)

2 Likes

Wanda (geddit?) is a leghorn. Your musings are tres amusing but the real answer is I trapped her inside so I could clip her wings. She has taken to coming up the ramp from the backyard onto the front balcony and around and down the stairs to the driveway and then wherever she goes for the day (possibly hanging out with Barry the echidna in the bush across the road) before returning in the evening in the reverse direction. She is usually gone before sunrise but comes back at sunset. It is not a good strategy for long term survival as many of my guests and neighbours have dogs. I was trying to discourage her from coming up the ramp by jumping out every time she appeared at the narrow side door but she learned I can’t get my wheelchair through that door so she bolted past and across the front balcony (leghorns are both loud and fast runners cf Looney Tunes’ Foghorn Leghorn, “I say boy!”) but there are two other doors I can fit through so we kept playing this game of chicken. There is a gate at the top of the ramp but she squeezes through it or jumps over it. Eventually I decided to chase her inside and then close the doors and deal with her there (the purpose of all this was to clip her wings so she can’t fly over all the fencing I have put up to stop her getting on the ramp in the first place). Once I did that I had to catch her but she kept running under the sofa which I cannot get to in my wheelchair. Eventually I chased her out with a long stick and cornered her on the kitchen bench. While I was clipping her wings on my back balcony the guest came around to see what all the fuss was and helped me hold her and then took her down to the backyard (I was going to throw her over the balcony which, given her lack of wing feathers, may have resulted in a disabled chicken also needing a wheelchair).

So yes. As for me being in a wheelchair upstairs I usually get around on crutches but I can slowly get up stairs and I have my lovely wheelchair waiting for me so once upstairs, where I live, I can relax and not worry about falling though to be fair I have fallen out of it when drunk once or twice.

6 Likes

This story is Sedaris-esque in it’s hilarity.

3 Likes

If only I had a Hugh to do all the chicken wrangling and carry my shopping upstairs.:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Isn’t there an app for that?

Not round these parts unfortunately. Hughs are few and far between.

1 Like

HughChickenWrangler.com, I believe is the site… :wink:

1 Like

OMG, I LOVE David Sedaris and have seen him live many times!!! Also, speaking of Paris, I have guests due in tomorrow from Paris that have messaged me saying Air France is supposed to go on strike tomorrow so their flight might be cancelled. They seem very nice (retired school teachers), but they better not ask for a refund!!

1 Like

You’re screwed if they do…extenuating circumstances.

Omg, don’t talk to me about Air France. They almost bumped us on a confirmed flight to Europe. At the last nerve wracking minute, they gave us boarding passes, The flight itself was nice, the meals were good and the flight attendants were awesome, however.

Unformtately, I think Air will consider that EC and refund.

Hope it doesn’t happen!

OMG, you’re right! I think they gave me their flight number I’m going to look at the status now. Keep your fingers crossed. That is kind of bs about that being EC. Air France strikes every other week it seems. The guest is French. They should know this is a possibility.

As soon as we have a more accurate estimate of the number of employees on strike and the impact on our operations, our flight schedule will be changed accordingly and made public the day before your departure.

Flight expected on time.
FlightAF 338
This aircraft has traveled 0% of its journey
Paris - FRANCE Charles de Gaulle (CDG)
Terminal 2E
Scheduled at 1:10 PM
Expected at 1:10 PM
Seattle - United States of America Seattle/Tacoma International (SEA)

Scheduled at 2:15 PM
Expected at 2:15 PM

I hope this is correct!!!

When, tomorrow?
I’ll have you know that the hotels we booked didn’t care a whit whether our flights were delayed.

The hotels were non refundable.

@konacoconutz yes, this is for tomorrow.

Omg… a strike a CDG to add to the already chaotic atmosphere. FUN!

1 Like

I was looking at a bed and breakfast recently and came across this wording when explaining about their cancellation/early departure policy. Note the part about travel insurance. Maybe you could add something along those lines to your listing.

Cancellation Policy
Short-notice cancellations can be very costly to a small inn such as ours, which results in higher rates for all our guests. Please use care in making your plans, and honor your reservation as we honor your reservation. We realize plans change and emergencies arise, but please understand we cannot be financially responsible for guests’ plans that may change. The following cancellation policies must be strictly enforced:

All cancellations will be charged 6% of the deposit to cover our costs for the credit card processing fee. Cancellation fee of the first night’s room rate will be applied to all reservations cancelled with less than THIRTY DAYS advance notice for reservations of more than four room-nights - or SEVEN DAYS for reservations up to four room-nights. “Room-nights” equals the total number of nights in all rooms reserved. Entire deposit will be forfeit for guests that do not arrive. Sales tax is added to all cancellation fees.

Shortening your stay is a cancelation. No refunds will be provided for early departure. Cancellation must be in writing by mail, or email to innkeeper@casadelgavilan.com, with receipt confirmed in writing by the Casa del Gavilan.

The Casa del Gavilan reserves the right to cancel reservations with at least 30 days advance notice to the guest, refunding any deposits in full.

Travel Insurance - As a small inn we expect the same commitment from our guests to their reservation that we provide to our guests. Reservations are accepted with the understanding the guest will be financially responsible for the entire reservation. We understand that unforeseen issues can arise, but we cannot be responsible for illness, family emergencies, work conflicts or inclement weather. We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance, available at a nominal cost from any travel agency or online at insuremytrip.com. These companies are independent and not affiliated with the Casa del Gavilan in any way.

https://casadelgavilan.com/rooms

2 Likes