Unfair review , do you think Airbnb will remove it?

oh noo, I’m so f… scared now, we should protect our rights, they are OBLIGED to be a fair orbitrator between hosts and guests, not to take one side and blindly follow ridiculous one sided arguments

I agree. In general the BBB is a joke. They are made up of businesses who pay to belong. A better bet is to file a complaint with the Attorney General.

Go ahead, hire an attorney and sue them. That should be good fun to watch. :rofl::rofl:

Not really. You pay a reasonable 3% commission for them to bring you business.

It’s a free country and you can lodge a complaint but … look who our attorney general is at the moment. Somehow I don’t see much action coming from the Keebler elf. :rofl::rofl::upside_down_face:

I didn’t mean the federal AG but each state has an attorney general. Consumers can often file a complaint online against a company and their AG office will investigate. I used it once and it worked out well for me.

2 Likes

I know. I was joking about our joke of an AG. :rofl: but honestly, this is a waste of time. They will laugh when you complain about something you agreed to. I don’t like the Air.policies any more than anyone else. I hate how they control everything. But i agreed to them. Complaining about something you agreed to seems especially pointless.

(I believe Mike was referring to the Better Bus. Bur. as being made up of businesses who pay to belong, not Air.)

@Mike_L - I also once filed a complaint with the AG (Wisconsin) and got total satisfaction of my claim against a business. Another time, I mentioned to a company I would be contacting the AG’s office to make a complaint and the company caved into my request for a refund.

3 Likes

I complained one time about a shady law firm to the state bar and ccd the AG who was Kamala Harris at the time. The firm was forced to give my money back immediately.

Yaay for us little guys! It’s great to be the one holding the shaft on occasion rather than the other way around.

If you had done this before why the surpise this time?

1 Like

Don’t take it personally. My one early 2 star review, 1 star for cleanliness, still sits there on my ratings histogram 3 years later. After 170 reviews, all 5 star in the last 12 months I stopped looking at them. Take a deep breath and move on. In my experience guests are happy to book if most reviews are good and see the occasional weird bad one as evidence that there are some crazy people out there.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Kona. I haven’t has a bad review for a long time. I used to get upset when people gave me a 4 for cleanliness when, being disabled, I bloody well have to work hard to clean the place in under 2 hours. Now I just accept it. I do think that because I live on the property and guests see me getting around on crutches they give me a pass. Maybe you should turn up on crutches to greet them?
I just had some guests who I had to apologise to because of the noise I made upstairs trying to catch a chicken inside on my wheelchair. I thought they’d be annoyed but they said I should have asked them to help. True story.

2 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only sensitive one, my recent guest from hell made me feel like giving up, but why should I let a miserable so and so ruin something I like doing? It has taken me two weeks to not feel like crying! Onwards and upwards!

3 Likes

These bad guests mess with your head and make you feel like it’s YOU when it is THEM…
Thing is, this guest acted friendly and never once told me he was unhappy. at check out he shook my hand and said thanks. Asked me to wait for the wife so she could say goodbye. Then slammed with the meannest review in the history of Airbnb.

3 Likes

The hotel inspector who thinks he is doing everyone a favour!

1 Like

Our property was absolutely immaculate and our very needy French guest gave us a 4. I’m sure some people think they have to mark us down somewhere so they can give what they deem "constructive criticism’.

2 Likes

I hate to admit that I doubt I will ever visit France because CDG is SUCH a horrible airport to connect through. It’s unfair to assume that the airport reflects on the country. Look at LAX, same thing, very chaotic! It’s an unfair prejudice I’m afraid.

You don’t have to to to CDG anyway. Fly in and out of Amsterdam or Brussels and take a train or drive over to Paris.

1 Like

Well it just depends on if that would cost a fortune to do.
Our two parties traveled separately coming and going through CDG and we both experienced nightmares each way.

You would think 2.5 hours would be enough time to get through any connecting flight. But noooooooo.

Also Air France is horrible. I don’t know if I would give them another chance, although their meals were good!

I last rented a car and drove in 1998 so of course I don’t remember how much it was. But I wouldn’t have done if if is was prohibitively expensive. Last time I was in Europe I was surprised at how affordable intra-Europe flights were. Instead of taking the train from Kracow to Berlin we flew. I do love to see the countryside though.