Uncomfortable situation among 2 couples

I’d leave that off and instead put the shoe on the other foot so to speak.

1 Like

True. Perhaps a “…your behavior is affecting my business.” ??

I text them during the day apologize of unexpected situation but they not reply anything. I got after 8.00 p.m. they already left. I guess I have to wait to see the review now.

It would be useful to have some understanding of how you experienced the “war” between A & B. I think I’m trying to understand why you would apologise when it seems none of this was your fault.

By what you say, you live in the house too. (Sorry if I’ve got this wrong). So moving forward, you have to be aware that simply texting someone about any concerns isn’t dealing with the issue.

With situations like this you need proper face-to-face contact. The most disgruntled guests can be make into good guys if you handle them right and the most annoying guests can be eased into good behaviour. Communication skill is one of the greatest tools a host can have.

2 Likes

Hi Jaquo, yes I am living in the house and I’m still on the bed when i got the text lol and yes I agree communication is the greatest tools. I did talk to room A face to face after (last night). Will see how she understand in the next couple days here. On that day, I did not approach immediately as i’m still not fully awake :laughing:

1 Like

That’s great to know. :slight_smile:

I love that you think that face-to-face communication is the best. So do I and it’s worked so well for me for many years. :slight_smile:

Tell me - do YOU find the lady in Room A to have an acceptable voice level? Do you think you could put up with it?

Hi Mandi, yes I think her is too loud. Is it acceptable for me? I can take it, but also some point it really too loud and annoying me. My room and her room has 1 room in between, but the room A&B is beside each other.

Hi pjay, if you have spoken to her repeatedly, then you need to make a business decision. I wouldn’t want a very loud person in my home, or be homed next to them.

People have a reasonable expectation of peace and comfort. That includes you and your second guest.

The complaining guest has a right to be rehomed at your suggestion and cooperation.

2 Likes