Uegent help needed -Wedding venue cancelled -- need your help, please!

@konacoconutz – is it against the board’s rules to post the address?

@MissMiami @konacoconutz is a mod on these forums, so if she says not to post it, I wouldn’t.

1 Like

how do I PM you, please?

I’m sorry you’re going through this stressful experience.

I agree with @Helsi that the owner is not going to take kindly to threats of lawsuits and going to the press. Your best bet, if you wish to continue trying to do business with this host, is to contact him directly and ask very nicely as suggested by others.

I would suggest that when looking for alternative venues, find somewhere legitimate that is experienced in hosting these kind of events. They will have contracts in place and you’ll most likely be better protected by consumer law.

1 Like

@Chloe – please let me know how to PM you, thank you.
@Helsi – yes, precisely, since @konacoconutz is a moderator I asked her if posting the address was against the rules…

I sent you a PM, which you should be able to respond to. But the way you do it is to click on a user’s round insignia and then “message” them. Hope this helps!

If the owner is a Russian millionaire he won’t care about publicity. There is a supposed billionaire we read about every day who had lots of bad publicity, lost lawmsuits too, but he’s now the USA president. They live by their own rules. We working stiffs follow the rules. Nuff said

7 Likes

@barns
Next time come stay with us in nyc. I think the other hosts canceled because they were not legal.

4 Likes

@Louise – perhaps the owner does not mind bad publicity but perhaps he wouldn’t want others to learn where he lives when he is in Miami; but don’t worry, I’m by nature way too nice for my own good.

I’m hoping the address was not posted here; my intention was to send it via PM. If I inadvertently posted it here, please disregard it, thank you.

Ok I’ll be the outlier here. First I am very sorry and sympathetic to you about the wedding issues. That said, why didn’t you just rent a standard venue and not through Airbnb? I know it’s after the fact but a place that just does weddings is so much more reliable. Perhaps not as romantic but it’s not too romantic to be under the stress you are. I’m not blaming you, just frustrated that Airbnb tries to be all things to all people but they are so hands off that you were a victim of their limitations. It’s still the Wild West on Airbnb

4 Likes

The address was accidently posted on the public forum, but I’ve asked that the post be removed.

@Maggieroni – the problem with “normal” wedding venues is that one rents the venue for 4-5 hours and that’s it. We wanted a property where we could have several events before and after the wedding, plus one that would allow the bridal party to sleep at the property. This one was the perfect one because it met all of our requirements.

1 Like

You’re certainly not an outlier - most of us posting here have expressed the same sentiments.

2 Likes

I’m not so sure of that, there are many resort venues that offer rooms as well as the banquet hall for a wedding. I’ve been a wedding planner and I’d never ever use an Airbnb listing for a wedding unless it was a very small group, 20 or less.

YES. No real life details on the forum please!
I removed it but please don’t do that again.

@Maggieroni – believe me, I called, visited and reached out to various contacts and this property really was different and special. Naturally, I will go back to looking at other alternative properties once I get my act together. However, if you are willing to help me identify a similar property, I don’t mind paying you for your services.

Yes, it is BAD… and we all feel for you but he acted within his rights as a host.
You can’t do a thing about it. Not a single thing.

Just tell yourself, calm down, let it go… you will find a better place!

1 Like

@konacoconutz; please accept my deepest and heart-felt apologies, I didn’t post the address on purpose.

But you did post it after I told you not to.
We can’t go real life on this forum.
Please read our guidelines again to familiarize yourself with what things are allowed and what things are not.
It was 35 minutes before I got to it.