U.K. Tax for AirBnB hosts? Property or Holiday Let?

I’ve been thinking about this. I think that some here enjoy the ‘gladiator’ potential of an online forum. In college we did ‘off topic’ debating, where heckling was allowed, encouraged. Some heckles drew groans, guffaws or great laughs. Like in Parliament. We could permit that, even encourage it, but then we shouldn’t throw out members who engage in it.

I probably wouldn’t do well in that environment, at least at the start. I’m not as practiced as some here in being mean-spirited and full of invective. But if we like that spectacle or tolerate it, let’s say so, and let the games begin! It could be fun, or just mean.

It’s not a sin to say that’s OK. Let’s just amend the rules to permit it, or even encourage it. It’s our forum. Let’s make it what we want it to be.

20…20… 20…20…,20… oops another duplicate :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The only people the moderators are accountable to are the owners who pay the bills . Not to you, not to me or any of the other members here. @Adria

It appears incredibly arrogant to demand they justify their decisions to you personally.

If you want to control how an STR forum works why not start one up?

I, and I know other regulars here are grateful for the time and effort the mods put into this forum on a daily basis to keep things running smoothly.

Not all forums work for everyone. If this one doesn’t work for you then choose some that do.

3 Likes

I fail to understand why so many supposed adults these days seem to think their “feelings” should matter to complete strangers. It’s one thing for someone to pointedly go out of their way to hurt someone, but this oversensitivity regarding one’s hurt feelings seems rather immature to me.

Other people are not responsible for how we feel. You can choose to allow something to hurt your feelings, or you can ignore it.

And why people seem to choose to take everything so personally is puzzling.

2 Likes

I’m going to adopt a different tone since I’m said to be repetitious and taking a tone above it all.

So here goes.

Look, it’s like this. We’re all accountable to each other. It’s called “community accountability”. Look it up.

As for saying that Adria’s 1) arrogant and 2) ‘demanding’ that the moderators 3) ‘justify’ their decision to Adria 4) personally, did you just make that up from FinnAir? There are no demands, just expressions of opinions raising questions in a public forum. No desire for control, no lack of gratitude for the moderators. Your shut-up-or-you-can-leave attitude is not a fair or the only response. Members of a community can collaborate.

Adria’s making a contribution beyond “Duplication” . . . “Duplication” . . . “20 20 20” and Winnie the Pooh. [I jest here in the spirit of the ‘anti-civil’ movement within the group. Of course you make many valuable contributions when not criticizing others and yourself making judgments and mis-statements of facts.]

I do find it amusing when people quote a comment and take care to take it out of context, but in doing so they just support the context of the full post, how amusingly unfortunate, I hope you dont find it too annoying that I am amused.

i love the passive aggressive theme of your comment, in particular the way you defend the honour and integrity of the moderators when it was never under any threat and then throw in compliments just to show how close they are to your heart, its very heartwarming to see.
One point that did confuse me though is your reference to I and I.
Ras Tafarins would tell you, God is within all men (and of course women) and we are all united under the love of Jah, i like to think along similar lines and think your faith in the sanctity of all moderators of all forums is also exemplary or do you just have fat fingers?

1 Like

now that IS funny and sad at the same time, i wonder if anyone recognises themselves, i do hope so …

popcorn anyone?

1 Like

This post has really gone down the tubes, even by this forum’s usual low standards.

8 Likes