Two spare rooms - one or two listings?

You can never, ever have too many cat photo’s! Our cat is so popular with our guests she has her own fan club!

2 Likes

The Head Housekeeper.

2 Likes

This is exactly what I do. I have a room with a queen bed, and another with two twins. I have a third listing that allows guests to book both rooms together.

The only thing you have to be careful of is to make sure the two bedroom listing is blocked whenever one of your other rooms gets booked. There is an option to link listing calendars within AirBnB, but I ALWAYS double check!

I’ll have to have another hunt for that option; if that’s true then that might solve the issue I’m having. Isn’t it a pain to update details on all the three listings though? New stuff for the guidebook etc?

Hello @maxek

What lovely rooms. However why no photos of the bathroom and kitchen your guests have access to?

If you are happy for them to cook say so and whether they can have space in the fridge.

I would also mention local amenities, nearest train/bus/airport too.

I love your photos of your cats but not sure if guests will like the idea of the cats sitting on the towels and getting cat hair on them :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you delist the single, would the double people also have their own bathroom? To me that would make a big difference. Your places are cute! I would add captions to the photos in the single listing. I would also only have one photo of the cats (keeping the towels warm doesn’t even appeal to me and I have a cat and love them) and more of the bathroom and the shared spaces.

Here is a link to my listings if you’d like to take a look at how mine are set up.

Yes, you do have the extra work or setting up and maintaining an extra listing, but a lot of it is “cut and paste” work. The two bedrooms together get booked less frequently than the rooms individually, but it has been worthwhile creating the third listing for both rooms!

@maxek I am completely baffled by your declaration that you are a superhost. I see no indication that you are a superhost and don’t understand how you could be with only 4 reviews. Not that I care if you’re one or not but it looks like a misrepresentation on your part.

sh

I’m also one who won’t book without seeing the bathroom I’m expected to use. I assume it’s bad if there is no picture.

Thank you! Yes next chance I get I’ll be taking some more photos and will remove a few cat ones. I’m definitely noting all the other bits of advice; I used to have a guidebook with local amenities etc but since I had to relist, I think that’s still on my to-do. One of the reasons I’m more tempted by having a single listing :\

Yeah I can see your point; short version is my ex partner set up the AirBnB originally and ‘we’ achieved Superhost, but it was my house and I did all the AirBnB stuff, including greeting, cleaning etc. When she moved out, I had to relist (although I’ve honored previous bookings).

Point also taken about the bathroom, that’s easy to fix :slight_smile:

Thank you!

I’m not entirely sure I understand your question, but there is one bathroom plus a smaller toilet downstairs, so everyone has to share. Will have a think about captions, just want to re-do all the photos if I can.

Most guests probably won’t even notice but it really looks like mis-representation to me. As a host if I saw a host claiming with no evidence to be a superhost, I’d click away. But don’t mind me I’m sure you’ll get bookings if you keep your price low enough.

No luck with that link I’m afraid :frowning:
I’m still not sure, just today I had a new booking and I hated the hassle of the mobile app and working out who was staying where and what my conflict with what. I really hope the linked calendar feature works properly, and I guess the rest might take an afternoon to set up and then it’s done.

Wouldn’t it also affect the number of reviews though? Potentially splitting the number of reviews three ways seems like a (minor) setback

Well, another way of looking at it is I don’t really need to say that I achieved Superhost. I’m receiving positive feedback by myself and hopefully if I can keep that up, I won’t need any reference to the old listings.

1 Like

I haven’t read this as thoroughly as I could have…I have 2 rooms, plus their own bathroom, once you’ve set up one listing, setting up a second should prompt you with the option ‘sync calendar to another listing?’.
My 2 listings are,
A) the big bedroom with private bathroom (2nd room stays empty)
B) a group of up to 4 people can have both rooms, with their own (shared between the 4) bathroom.

Once you’re up and running, you’ll soon see what doesn’t get any attention, then it’s whether or not you drop that option, or tweak it to get more action.

Also, if you say Superhost but listing doesn’t, it will look a bit Walter Mitty

1 Like