Transformer beds, or, how to advertise a room as double OR twin single

My AirBnB has 3 bedrooms: 2 SuperKing, one Queen, but one Superking is a hotel bed, which unzips and transforms into 2 king singles.
i cant see anywhere in the listing to show this as an option - any suggestions on how to manage this so prospective guests can see the options?

I would just list it as a Superking, and mention in the listing description that it can be converted to two extra-long single beds. (Not “king singles”- as far as I’m aware, there is no such thing as a “king single”, and there is also no such thing as a “twin single”. A single bed and a twin bed are the same thing.)

Also show a captioned photo in your gallery of how they come apart.

1 Like

You could do two listings – one which offers the unzipped option. Explain in each listing that the suite (house/cabin/whatever) is available in a different configuration at a separate listing, and come up with a listing name that reflects the difference. (Each listing will accumulate its own reviews, and you can set it up so one stays linked to your current review archive… guests will see a combined list when they click on your profile.)

We use THIS graphic chart to explain our bed sizes to our guests. I have no idea what “queen bed” or “double bed” means in China or Japan or Mexico, but since most of our guests are from overseas and English is their second language and they live in a very different retail marketplace, this chart removes any room for “lost in translation.”

5 Likes

thanks for that.
in New Zealand “King Single” is meaningful, but that doesn’t really cover foreign travelers i guess.

1 Like

In the USA, a Twin and a Twin XL are 2 different sizes. A twin is 75 inches long, a twin xl is 80 inches long. A twin xl is generally supposed to be half of a king. A twin xl is what is used in college dorm rooms.

2 Likes

Both a regular twin and an XL are the same width- they differ only in length. So both are half the width of a regular king-size bed.

1 Like

So a New Zealand King Single is the same as a Twin XL then.