Trading houses with hosts

Is it a thing to swap airbnb homes with other hosts? For example, I’d love to visit a place for a long weekend. Perhaps I could offer that host to stay in my airbnb home as a trade? What do you think?

1 Like

There’s an Airbnb Host Swap facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=airbnb%20host%20swap%20(international)

1 Like

Hi @Kittery

There is but it’s not terribly well used or structured I would suggest using one of the big house swap sites.

I’ve wondered the same thing. Where are you located? I’m just outside of Austin, Texas

Hi Drea, I just joined this forum specifically to find house swaps. Our home is in Portland, OR and we are interested in a short 1 wk house swap sometime between Jan and the first part of March of 2020. We have 2 cats that the swapper would care for and our Airbnb would be closed during the swap. Of course, we would care for your animals and property as well, but would also expect you to close your Airbnb during the swap. We have always wanted to visit Austin. Are you interested? We are Superhosts with over a 1,000 5-star reviews. You can see our listings by googling “Hawthorne/Belmont Retreat”

Thats a great idea, at least you could trust each other.