Towels - how often do you change them?

absolutely more than enough - OMG the endless washing… With long term stays - I change once a week when the house is serviced. I leave a couple of extras if there are a lot of ladies, but no way would I be offering multiple sets for a one night stay!

3 Likes

I think I would howl with despair experiencing this. I do leave each person staying a set of three towels on the beds, so six per couple for stays of up to five nights. Then coloured face cloths for make up in a basket in bathrooms which I point out. Pointedly. I often find people use only one set of towels between them, or just bath sheets x 2 and one hand towel, with most carefully putting the unused ones in the cupboard. I’ve only had two poor experiences, and really can’t point a nationality finger at any group; nor can I pinpoint why I’m getting such eco-friendly behaviour!

I don’t see the problem with this review. It might help deter other guests who need too many towels. If these words are also accompanied by less than 5 stars overall reviews then it is a problem. If you are really concerned by the reviews then just give them more towels. Raise your price $1-2 a night to cover the cost of additional laundry and more frequent towel replacement.

My guests get one bath towel each. If they are staying more than two nights I’ll put a third towel in the room. I tell people to let me know if they need anything and I’ve never had a request for more towels (350+ guests).

In many places like my town of El Paso water is in short supply and there are limits and price schemes in the summer to encourage conservation. Maybe if you put some information on this in your room in various languages it will help.