Top issues as an Airbnb host?

I agree but unfortunately Airbnb does not support us with that.

I have not had to test it, with less rules come less issues. I have moved to a self cleaning model, no cleaning fees and I have it in the rules and guest book if you cannot/will not clean up to leave cash. So far everyone cleans up.

RR

1 Like

Very interesting approach! Do they clean up well enough?

Well enough, yes. I have pretty clear instructions, wipe down chrome in shower,throw away used soaps empty trash. If you use it clean it. I do tell them that the bathroom will be cleaned between guests so they are not grossed out thinking its not. I still have to clean, just not as much. Some guests are better than others of course. I have had more bookings because it lowered my rate by $75 dropping the cleaning fee. I have been doing this about 6-8 weeks and so far so good.

RR

2 Likes

I’m with you on this a million percent. I’ll clean toilets all day before cleaning the hair out of the tub or shower drain! Just eeeeewwwwwww. :nauseated_face:

I have vacuum envy! Being a host has made me want the strangest things, ha!

1 Like

As I sit here waiting on guests to check-n for almost 6.5 hours, I figured I’d toss in my peeve:

Guests who cannot nail down and keep changing check-in time. I drive the importance of this home the moment that they book, yet still, lately it seems people cannot oblige. (Uhhhhh I do not have a front desk open 24/7, a point that seems to escape many guests.)

As a home stay host, this really ruins my day. Changes happen and they are expected, but COME ON! They’ve changed check-in time 3 times!

• We will be getting there late night, after Dinner with friends.
• Can we come early at 2 PM (1 hour before official check-in time)?
• We should be there by 4 PM.
• Nevermind. We will coming after dinner after all.

Totally screwed up any plans I had for today, including having to turbo clean to accommodate the early check-in.

Thanks for listening - at least I had some fun today getting caught up on the forum!
:grinning:

6 Likes

So true!! Exactly how I’m feeling after going back and forth with Airbnb over an obviously fake review, that we got in retaliation for not granting a guest a 100% refund when it wasn’t remotely merited.

Airbnb was a fantastic company when they first started, but now they simply do not care. Guess everybody is now just a number to a $31b company. Hosts bear all of the risk, yet even though we may have invested our heart and soul and time and money into a listing, we are treated as if we did something wrong, instead of what should be happening: bad actors need to be removed from the website, or at the very least, kept on a tight leash/special list (i.e. not permitted to instant book, not allowed to review, may not create new profiles, etc.). Instead it’s the hosts who pay for all these bad guests. Airbnb certainly doesn’t.

2 Likes